I arrived at the Tropicana to a friendly greeting by Patty, who showed me to my room, the Del Sol. The room was freshly prepared, clean and bright, full extra amenities like snacks and free beverages - juice and water in the fridge.
The bed was comfortable, television had many unexpected extra channels including music. The bathroom was well stocked with personal care items - lotion, shampoo, conditioner, cotton balls and salts for the tub. Bathrobes and towels are nice quality and well stocked.
Morning coffee supplies are always available, coffee is good quality. Drinking my coffee out on the patio watching the crowds at the pier was a pleasure.
As a San Clemente native, I've always wanted an excuse to stay at the tropicana to try it out - a friends wedding was the perfect reason! I stayed for 4 nights and had a wonderful experience all the way around. Each day the room was taken good care of, the staff was always pleasant. Sunsets restaurant served a great salad as well the one time I dined there.
All in all I definitely recommend the Tropicana!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spanish-inspired architecture, ocean views, stylish comfortable decor and a relaxed atmosphere. We invite you to enjoy sunset from an ocean view deck Casa Tropicana Hotel in San Clemente is located steps from the beach and close to many local faves – Casa Romantica, San Juan Capistrano Mission and Disneyland. Offering complimentary amenities - beach bags and chairs, flat screen TVs, fireplaces, robes, wifi, and Jacuzzi tubs. Great off season prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Casa Tropicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Tropicana Hotel San Clemente
- Casa Tropicana San Clemente