“Surprise!”
Review of Casa Tropicana

Casa Tropicana
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My husband and I have lived in San Clemente for over 20 years. We are very familiar with the "Trop" yet have never stayed. Well, my husband decided it was time and SURPRISED me with an overnight stay in the Casa del Rey for my birthday!! Needless to say, I was overwhelmed. The room was spectacular---spacious, clean and smartly decorated. I even had a bottle of champagne chilling for me! The bed was oversized comfy and the sheets....heaven!! The view was amazing (even though it was a stormy night) and the deck...large enough to have some friends join us yet remain quiet and private. We utilized both the Jacuzzi AND Sauna too. This was definitely a Birthday to remember--in our own backyard. Thank you Sue & Rick

Room Tip: Our room was on the top level---HIGHLY recommended!
1  Thank Vicki F

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Savaged our 39th wedding anniversary trip! Wonderfully accommodating, beautiful, comfortable. Made our trip a wonderful experience! Staff excellent, worth every Penney. Beautiful view, comfortable room with many extras, convenient to pier, great parking accomadating. Can't say enough will go back for sure!

Room Tip: All rooms great. Wonderful patios to view the ocean!
1  Thank GalavantingGParents
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I just celebrated my birthday here.They even had balloons all over the room. I would go back tomorrow if I could. I even learned how to make french press coffee in the outdoor kitchenette. They thought of everything from completely stocked breakfast and snack baskets to a beach bag full of beach towels and beach games.

Room Tip: When we go back we will request a room on the top floor. I think there was a tap dance team in the r...
1  Thank Karen O
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 2-day/2/night beautiful trip at the Casa Tropicana and loved it! You couldn't have a more perfect location -- steps away from a gorgeous beach and the pier, you can walk to plenty of restaurants -- we didn't get in our car once. Clean, beautifully decorated rooms. We stayed in casita estrellamar and could see the ocean from our room. Wonderful jacuzzi bathtubs and the bed was so comfortable! Incredibly helpful and friendly staff. One note of caution -- the Amtrak station is right across from the hotel, so you will hear the train from very early in the am until late evening on week days. Otherwise, we found everything to be very peaceful. Will definitely be going back.

2  Thank Courtney B
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Short and Sweet Stay. Hotel location was very accessible to Pier and Food places. We didn't have to take the car out at all. Ocean view from our room Casa Azhara balcony was beautiful. Staff (Matt) was friendly, polite and welcoming. This will be our favorite place to stay when we visit next time. All in all we loved the place and look forward to visit again.

Room Tip: Prefer second floor if you mind stairs(steep).
1  Thank Neel P
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Casa Tropicana is the most charming place with one of the best views in San Clemente. Each room is individually decorated in quaint beach motif. It is so warm and inviting that you don't want to leave. But because of it's amazing location right across from the beach you have to venture out a bit to take a walk on the San Clemente pier or to stroll the boutiques and restaurants of downtown. After your stroll you come back to watch the sunset from your balconey, then sit by your fireplace and enjoy the evening. Just thinking about it I wish I was there now. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jancee A
casatrop, Owner at Casa Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Sue and I are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Even though we live here, your review makes me want to stroll the pier with Sue right now! We are both happy to share our bit of paradise with you, and all of our guests.
Rick Anderson
Owner

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Nice rooms, perfect view, friendly and helpful staff and the best coffee in California. We spent 5 days with all of our children and it worked perfect. Nice spot if your interesting in surfing in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marion F
casatrop, Owner at Casa Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Casa Clemente is one of my favorite rooms. It’s located on the third floor and street level from behind, just a few level steps from your car door to your room door. It’s a spacious suite with a large ocean view Jacuzzi tub in the room. This floor also only has one other room on it, so the large ocean view deck is almost yours alone. Please come back and enjoy your stay over and over.
Rick Anderson

#5 of 22 in Laguna Beach
San Clemente Inn
San Clemente Inn
#4 of 18 in San Clemente

Been to Casa Tropicana? Share your experiences!