We stayed here for three nights and it was what I mostly expected just from viewing the pictures on the website. The property has become dated especially the bathroom - the shower was some sort of make shift system over the spa tub. The water pressure was awful and we could never get the temp set to a normal temp it was either hot or cold. The bedroom part was comfortable - it was cool when we were there so we could sleep with the window closed and use a fan that we had brought with us and we were comfortable.
If you like to be near the beach then this location is for you. Having a glass of wine from the deck and the view of the pier and the ocean was great. It is quite a walk up the hill ( not that far just a steep walk up) to town to the shopping and restaurants.
The staff was very nice and friendly so everything good there. So really except for the shower it was not a bad stay but just not for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spanish-inspired architecture, ocean views, stylish comfortable decor and a relaxed atmosphere. We invite you to enjoy sunset from an ocean view deck Casa Tropicana Hotel in San Clemente is located steps from the beach and close to many local faves – Casa Romantica, San Juan Capistrano Mission and Disneyland. Offering complimentary amenities - beach bags and chairs, flat screen TVs, fireplaces, robes, wifi, and Jacuzzi tubs. Great off season prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Casa Tropicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Tropicana Hotel San Clemente
- Casa Tropicana San Clemente