“Rubys’ is the place at the Outlets”
Review of Ruby's Diner

Ruby's Diner
Ranked #67 of 237 Restaurants in San Clemente
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Long time local favorite with locations in great areas. This location has a surfing theme and kinda ocean view across the parking lot. Best shakes and burger with endless fries, what’s to want beyond this. LOL

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I love the 60s vibe, music, and decor! The Tiki Room is a fun spot for a group party, though we sat outside in the corner where the music was quieter so we could visit and hear each other.
I’m an original Ruby’s waitress, so the idea of changing uniforms will take some adjusting. I do love the restaurant look though - very Beach Blanket Bingo! The glass fire pit table is a nice touch.
This is a great place for families & parties. If a quiet table away from a speaker is available, I recommend it for those who want to hear each other speak when getting together for a reunion.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We were dropped off here to do some shopping and kill some time on a Friday afternoon. We were seated quickly and our server was good, she kept our iced teas topped up. I had a good salad, it was big, and my little guy liked his chicken strips. It was better than most mall food choices. I’m not from the area and didn’t realize this was a chain. The wanna be retro feel is getting to be way too dated, but like I said, it was good for a mall.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Food was delicious as always, but the service was slow. Very hard for this restuarant during spring break. The place was slammed and is was clear that there was not enough staff or cooks to keep up the pace. That said, our server was great and my son and I had a fun time together.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This is a very well run and stylish Ruby's at the new Outlet Mall in San Clemente. Very large so you usually don't have to wait long if at all. Large dog friendly patio with heaters. The best Ruby's Diner by far that I have ever visited.