“Couldn't ask for anything better”

Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Reviewed 9 May 2011

I had my wedidng reception in the meeting rooms. I took a year to plan the wedding and booked the holiday Inn at least 9 months in advance. The holiday Inn employees, such as Kathy and Guzy, were always there to answer any questions I had. They set the room up multiple times for me to see how it would look. Any time I would want to change something, all it took was a simple email or phone call. It was all handled very well. They also gave me a nice group rate, since I had many friends and family wanting to stay. They were even willing to give the group rate the night of the reception for anyone that didn't plan on staying but thought it was best to.
The rooms were very clean and comfy. My wedding cordinator decorated the "happy couples" room with different small things. We made sure the hotel wouldn't mind cleaning it up before we left. They said it was no problem. Everything was great!!
Oh also the breakfast was great! I thought I wasn't up early enough for breakfast but the hotel keep it open a little later for all of my guest to help themselves when they were checking out. It was all very nice!!

Room Tip: Get a king bed! U get peck ocean views!
  • Stayed: April 2011
SGilliom, Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2011

First of all: CONGRATULATIONS on the wedding! We are excited to hear that we did our part in making it a wonderful experience!

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review, I'll be sure to forward your comments to our team members, and recognize them for a job well done.

We appreciate your recommendation, and hope to be able to welcome you back again soon, maybe for a fun first anniversary celebration?

Greetings, your team from the Holiday Inn Express San Clemente.

Reviewed 3 May 2011

My wife and I stayed here the weekend of April 29 and were amazed at the overall appearance and especially the rooms. This must have previously been some higher end hotel, it is far nicer than a typical HEI.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I agree, our hotel is definitely not your average Holiday Inn Express. The property has recently been renovated and the architects and designers have done a fantastic job preserving its Spanish Mission style charme while adding state-of-the-art amenities. I may be a little partial here, but it is definitely one of my favorite hotels out there! Either way, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Greetings, your team from the Holiday Inn Express San Clemente.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

We stayed here just last weekend using points. The property is lovely and unlike any other HI Express, since it was not build as one. I believe it was formerly a country club, and it has a lot of charm.

The staff goes above and beyond the call of duty. I especially want to compliment Mariposa. When we were about an hour drive away, I realized that I had left a library book in the room. I called and talked to Mariposa who told me that the housekeeper would not be in the room until 1:00 PM and that they would find my book and mail it to me. Mariposa followed up with two phone calls to my home; the first to tell that the book had been found and would be mailed to my home the next day; the second to tell me that it had been mailed.

Kudos to the staff of this hotel. It is a delightful place to stay and we will certainly be back.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ellieca
SGilliom, Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review! We're glad that your lost book made it back ok, and we'll be sure to recognize Mariposa for a job well done. And yes, you're right, the hotel doesn't look like any other Holiday Inn Express - during our recent renovation and re-launch as HI Express, we've put a lot of effort into preserving the Spanish Mission style of the building, while adding modern amenities. We hope to welcome you again soon, and wish you all the best! Greetings, your team from the Holiday inn Express San Clemente

Reviewed 4 March 2011

This is a comfortable, well designed hotel right next to the I5 freeway.
Large room with sofas, soft bed, free wifi,parking , inroom refrigerator , micro and breakfast.

We stayed at a much more expensive Westin earlier where all the above ( except the room) were charged extra. This is difficult to understand. How can they justify this policy and - more to the point - : how come they get away with it ??

This Holiday Inn however is not quiet : you can hear all too well : traffic on the freeway , plumbing and the guest on the floor above walking around. The refrigerator is not of the quiet quality. What a pity !

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
SGilliom, Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2011

Thank you for posting this review, we very much appreciate your comments! We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope to welcome you again soon. Greetings, your team from the Holiday Inn Express San Clemente!

Reviewed 25 February 2011

First of all, this hotel is just as nice as pictured online. Front desk staff, dining staff and housekeeping are all friendly, helpful and accommodating. They made me feel very comfortable staying there. (The front desk supervisor even took the initiative the set me up for the hotel chain's rewards club!) I used the business center daily to get directions to various cultural sights, the complimentary breakfast was delicious, and the rooms are very well kept and in excellent condition. The biggest problem impeding my sleep is the proximity to the local highway- the 5 is right next door! Otherwise the location is great- close to the highway to travel around and around the corner from beaches and the "main drag," Avenida Del Mar.

I can see why the Holiday Inn Express is highly rated and definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing this review, it is very much appreciate your recommendation. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in San Clemente, and I'll be sure to recognize our housekeeping and front desk staff for a job well done.

We hope to welcome you again in the future. Greetings, your team from the Holiday Inn Express San Clemente.

Reviewed 9 February 2011

This hotel is in a perfect location if you're wanting to see some of the major sites without staying in the middle of the city. We enjoyed the daily, complimentary breakfast, free parking, and friendly staff. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that you had a great time visiting San Clemente, and took advantage of our central location. We hope to welcome you again in the future. All the best, your team from the Holiday Inn Express San Clemente!

Reviewed 28 November 2010

My husband and I were visiting family in San Clemente for Thanksgiving. Picked this hotel off of the Trip Advisor site and were very very satisfied. The staff was amazing. The young women that worked the front desk during the day (Guzy) was wonderful. Friendly, sweet, helpful and seemed to truly take an interest in us and our stay. The young man that came on in the evening was just as helpful and friendly...even baking fresh cookies and having them available for the guests. The hotel was spotless, the breakfast was very good and the location was great. I worried that we may hear the I-5 noise but found I had worried needlessly. Will stay here again when we visit for Easter and would strongly recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple