All reviews strip mall front desk steep hill free breakfast the hotel is clean highly recommend this hotel up to date parking lot spanish style orange county light sleeper breakfast room staff was very friendly and helpful dana point definitely stay here again sarah freeway
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Searched for hotels in the San Clemente or San Juan Capistrano area thru trip advisor. This Holiday inn came up. We decided to stay there. Great hotel. Very clean. The staff was friendly and helped us selecting a good seafood restaurant on the water. The only drawback it is hard to find. The GPS takes you to a residential area that is a stones throw away. But you can't see the hotel it's over an embankment. I called the hotel they are aware of this issue. They helped us navigate to the hotel. Don't let that get in the way of staying there. I will stay there again if I'm in the area.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded 4 July 2016

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your review. I apologize for the GPS clitch, glad my staff was helpful.
We hope you will return and vist us back soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2016

We were given a larger than expected room with a king bed. It was appointed well including an oversized stuffed chair with ottoman. My concerns were that there was no mention at check-in that the small parking area in front of the hotel was not the only lot. We had to find out (and use) about an adjacent side lot by accident. Also, I'm not sure if this applies to all rooms, but the shower/tub had no shower mat or rubberized pads in the tub. This is a major accident waiting to happen. When I checked out, I mentioned the lack of a safety pad to the clerk, who merely shrugged and said, "Sorry". (As it turns out I had to spread a hand towel on the floor of the tub to take my shower. You may have to do likewise.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 June 2016

Thank you for posting your review. I apologize my staff did not act accordingly with regards to your concern. Safety is our top concern and will research further.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience.

Regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2016

I had a work function and my colleges and I stayed at this hotel because it was near by the venue. The hotel staff was awesome, very accommodating. We needed an early check in which Brenna, the excellent front desk concierge, happily obliged. Understanding that we would be drinking at this event I coordinated with her to ensure we had transportation to and from the event as well as afterwards when we went out to a couple local bars. Throughout our stay she was polite, professional, and attentive. Its customer service like she provided that helps create life long patrons. Thank you Holiday Inn and thank you Brenna for making a necessary work event an enjoyable experience.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 28 June 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience. I will share your comments with Brenna and the rest of the team. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2016

Okay, it's a Holiday Inn, but it didn't feel run of the mill, corporate or cookie cutter. The building is a beautiful older Spanish style building.

The rooms were clean and the staff was really helpful, friendly and went out of their way to talk with our children.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone!

The only downside is it's a little tough to find - you have to drive through a shopping center parking lot to get there.

Date of stay: April 2016
Management response:Responded 24 June 2016

Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2016

I took my wife on a mini-weekend LA - San Diego getaway and used my IHG rewards points to book a single night at this property.

The parking lot was a bit crowded (11:00pm), and either A) most guests had a difficult time parking or B) the parking lot needs more lighting at night as the were many unoccupied parking spots that were inaccessible.

Chance was friendly, engaging and made us feel welcomed during arrival and check in. (Great customer service- give this guy a raise!)

Our room was a two room suite and found it to be quite pleasant. I typically request rooms away from the elevator & on a high floor. In this case, we received a room in the NE corner of the property and this meant all of the I5 road noise. For a light sleeper, I would assume this would be a problem.

We had everything we needed, I would say with exception of the Iron that wasn't properly functioning, the stay was without issue.

Also, if you book in San Clemente at either of the Holiday Inn properties (North or South) make sure you verify address if you are using Google Maps, Mapquest, etc.. You'll look silly showing up to the 'other' property. :-)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 17 June 2016

Hi Spencer,

Thank you for your comments. I will share your review with Chance and the rest of the team. I apologize for the iron and will address accordingly. We hope you return and visit us soon.

Warm Regards,