Casa Romantica Cultural Center and Gardens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Casa Romantica Cultural Center and Gardens in San Clemente, CA is south Orange County's major cultural institution. We are enhanced by our location in a 1927 Spanish Colonial Revival registered historic landmark, the home of San Clemente founder Ole Hanson. Casa Romantica has developed a reputation for wide-ranging cultural programming, including music, art, dance, theater, horticulture, and a lecture series that bring international talent to south Orange County. Casa Romantica's estate, gardens, and exhibition galleries are open to the public daily during our normal hours. Onsite parking is FREE. No outside food and beverages are permitted. Sandwiches, salads, snacks, pastries, and hot and cold beverages are available for purchase at the Casa Cafe.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Got married there. Great place, amazing view. The staff was awesome and referred some great vendors to make the wedding day amazing!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I was going to make a quick stop but I stayed over an hour. It is a very old beautiful mansion like stepping back in time over 100 years. They have an exhibit room with so many interesting facts and displays about wild life,Indian info Trestle Beach info and surfing info of old San Clemente . A nice gift shop and the best is the huge mansion overlooking the ocean and town,I loved it.

1  Thank Bridgetpianos
Reviewed 21 June 2013

To understand the birth,history and development of San Clemente spend a while here. Very interesting.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

We didn't spend the time on the history there. I mainly wanted to get spectacular pictures of the beach/ocean and I did. A nice quick diversion but not really worth the $5 to get in.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

I have visited Casa Romantica in the past with friends and my hubby. This week we took our senior citizens group (of 18) there for an outing. Joanne was our tour guide. This is a beautiful villa overlooking the San Clemente beaches and pier. Everyone enjoyed the history of South Orange County. They have a lot of weddings here and I can see why. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms charming and the views, unbelievable! There is a gift shop with Casa Romantica items as well as boutique type things. My favorite is the gardens. There are winding paths with hummingbirds buzzing all around. Bring the kids, there is a butterfly garden and a children's area to sit and read. It was chilly the day we visited and they had lit a crackling fire in a sheltered seating area.

1  Thank norcalhummingbirds