“What customer service should look like” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Patriots Boutique Motel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Patriots Boutique Motel
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Redwood City, California
“What customer service should look like”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I have stayed at this motel 4 times in the past year while traveling from northern CA to San Diego. The same guy Jeb always helps me out, and welcomed me back graciously at the beginning of every stay. The last time I stayed there I was running waaaaaaaaay late and I called ahead to make sure the room wasn't going to go to someone else. He thanked me for the call, but assured me that the room would be there waiting for me when I arrived. I didn't end up getting there until like 11:30pm and he was there working in the front office and got me checked in quickly. The room was perfect--i think my road weary self was asleep within minutes of putting my head on the pillow. thank you Patriots!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Andrew S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Peoria, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

My family and I arrived at the Patriots Motel at check in time and were immediately greeted by the friendly staff and management. We occupied 2 rooms during our visit and we were very satisfied with the cleanliness of the motel both inside and outside. Each day of our visit I noticed the staff diligently working to maintain the premises. The rooms were clean, spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The large bathrooms were a plus! We enjoyed meeting the other guests that were vacationing too. The location is great. Shopping, dinning and the beach are all within walking distance. The overall value way exceeded my expectations! We had a great vacation and will definitely stay at the Patriots Motel the next time we return to San Clemente.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa B
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a weekend while we were in Orange County and we absolutely loved it. It was very clean and quiet for a motel. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. They are pet friendly and they have an open lot right next door for walking your dog. If you can manage to book the suite, I recommend that you do. It has a barbeque and fire pit in a small courtyard right outside of it. All in all, this was a great place to stay, we can't wait to go back!

2 Thank Sadie S
West Yorkshire, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I’ve read the previous feedback and do not believe that we were in the same place; our experience was so far from those described.
Upon arrival we eventually managed to get a reply to the bell, saw a member of staff for about 2 minutes and that was the last time we saw anyone so can’t comment on the staff.
The room was pretty bare, poorly maintained and grubby. It smelt of a weird chemical air freshener which we left on as it was used to overpower the odour of dog. The original air con unit was broken but still there & a portable one stood in the room with the intake hose out through the bit of wood which replaced a window, this meant the room was light & noisy too as the broken blinds didn’t shut properly.
The room next door seemed to be occupied by a large family sitting on the floor, drinking round the open door, (to be fair there probably wasn’t enough furniture and nowhere to sit outside). The carpet was dirty, furniture mismatched and shabby or missing and the decor was tired and badly maintained. As it was late, non refundable and we were tired, we left all the bags in the car and went to eat & drink something. It was close to town.
We took in as little baggage as possible and slept with bags & a chair up against the door as we noted that the lock had already been broken & replaced a couple of times.
I will concede that the bed was the clean and comfortable but don’t think I that touched the floor with bare feet at all and was dubious about using the shower. It was disappointing and while convenient and cheaper than others in the area, wished we hadn’t bothered.

7 Thank TheWeezle
SoCal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

From the name and the pictures I expected more of a "boutique" motel. There is nothing special about the Patriot. It is a very ordinary 50's/60's mom & pop style motel, in a great location with very friendly, helpful and accommodating staff. It is clean with some updated fixtures, but the air-conditioning didn't work and the refrigerator was inadequate for my needs. The pictures on the website show a full sized refrigerator but I was told that is in the motel's only suite. The room we stayed in didn't look anything like the pictures on the websites. There was no place to sit, other than one straight back wooden chair or the bed. This is dog friendly motel, but there is no place outdoors on the property to relax and sit with your dog. There was no place to sit and enjoy the outdoors at all. I like some creature comforts when I travel and I expected more from a "boutique" motel. I am returning to San Clemente in August and have made arrangements to stay elsewhere.

4 Thank Buruti
jtarrinc, Owner at The Patriots Boutique Motel, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. You stayed in a pet friendly room, and because they are pet friendly, we kept the rooms pretty basic, with just a flat screen TV, pillow-top mattresses, end tables, a dresser, fridge & microwave and free WiFi service. Our other rooms which aren't pet friendly, are a bit more decorated and furnished. As far as the full refrigerator goes, that is only available in our suite, which comes with a full kitchen with stove/oven, sink, and private patio area with BBQ, fire-pit and patio furniture. The rest of the rooms have smaller refrigerators and microwaves.

If you decide to come back in the future, without your pet, we can put you in one of our more upgraded rooms!

Thank you again.

Jed
Peoria, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Flew into John Wayne Airport and headed down to San Clemente for a weekend trip. We rented the suite which came with the private patio up front and really enjoyed it! We had a BBQ and a fire, listened to some music and had a few drinks - great space. The room was very clean and the property has a great location, with a grocery store a block away, the beach a 10 minute walk across the street, and the main strip where all the restaurants and shopping is was a 5 minute walk as well. We booked directly through their website so we got a free breakfast at the Bagel Shack, which is located next store and has great bagels and coffee. It was a great trip and we will be back for sure!

Room Tip: The suite is definitely worth the money!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Matt O
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed at the Patriots Motel in early June. We were spending some time with our family for a few days. The motel is very well situated and a 20 minute walk from the beach. I would describe the motel as basic but clean. The manager is a very helpful and cheery person who really does care about his customers.

The motel is going through some remodelling and during our stay there was a bit of work going on which at times felt like we were living on a construction site. This unfortunately made our stay a bit frustrating as we had a small baby who struggled to fall asleep with the noise. I say this not to portray the motel in a negative light, quite the opposite in fact. When we were checking out we mentioned these issues with the manager and he apologised for this inconvenience. He said that he would make some phones calls and try and get us some sort of refund.

We drove off thinking, we'll never here from that guy again, much to our surprise, he called us about 15 minutes after we left saying that he was able to offer us a partial refund which was more than we expected. I wouldn't let this put you off, the motel will probably be finished the remodelling so that shouldn't be an issue now.

I would recommend this hotel primarily due to the excellent customer service. I would say that it's pretty expensive for what you get but this may be a reflection of the the location, San Clemente is a beautiful place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family