“One of a kind- awesome”

The Riders Club Cafe
Ranked #22 of 222 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This is a must stop, whether you're a local or a passer by. rule #1 is don't judge a book by its cover, it looks like a biker bar on the outside but its an amazing little restaurant. You can build your own burger (or veggie burger, chicken, turkey etc) choose your toppings any way you want. Wash it down with an icy beer, all local microbrews. All meats are ground fresh in house and you can home made chips as a side and topped off with a special secret sauce! The lettuce is really fresh too, I always get a burger with goat cheese, lettuce and sauce, I keep it simple but it's delicious. Having moved back to the east coast I miss this spot but when I go back I'll be there!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were driving home from Legoland and used Yelp to find a place to eat. We love to eat at non-chain restaurants. This place was tiny... seating was very limited inside and it was cold and windy outside. But it was worth it! the burgers were fabulous! The buns were especially delicious. Our kids had the chocolate pudding for dessert and declared it the best they've ever had. Definitely worth a repeat visit.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

Best burgers anywhere, and nice selection of beers on tap. It's small and the parking lot is minuscule, so park on the street.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

Best burger i've had outside of New Zealand. Love that you have choices on what you put on your burger. I like mine with mushroom, blue cheese, and sauteed onions. It is pricey but it's very, very good. The place is always very busy and there are barely any tables but the wait is worth it.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

My wife and I both like burgers and friends kept suggesting we try this place which we used to visit when it was Dave's Mexican Restaurant. Anyone can have a bad day or in the case of the Chicago Cubs a bad century. We went for a late lunch, place was almost empty, plenty of servers, and NO SERVICE. They were huddled around the bar and felt it was beneath their dignity to actually wait on someone. We both ordered burgers, both with different cheeses. What we got was soggy buns, and no tomato on a $9.00 burger and a side of greasy potato chips. The cheese did not work at all on those soggy buns. Could not get a refill on our ice tea and we really needed it to wash down that "gloppy mess" that we were served. I expect an early demise for a place that gives you bad service, inedible food, and outrageous prices. Once again, maybe they just had a bad day.

2  Thank Lighthouse2006