“An evening out for tapas”

Inka Mama San Clemente
Ranked #63 of 222 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2013

My husband and I travel to Spain quite often. We love going for tapas, and Inka Mama's offers us that same experience. We went out one evening and just wanted a drink and a snack, so we went to Inka Mama's close to our home. I don't often order Sangria, but I did so this particular evening, and it was really, really good. It's different from any other place, and we are happy that there is a place where the food is so tasty and goes well with a glass of sangria! Olé!

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Had dinner at Inka Mama on Friday night with my family. My sons were very pleased with the Lomo Saltado while I enjoyed the Inka Special (chicken). I don't recall what my wife ordered, but she liked it as well.
This is the second time we've dined at Inka Mama, and we've been happy both times. We've been to Peru and can vouch for the authenticity of the food.

1  Thank mgtravles
Reviewed 1 January 2012

My son-in-law is Peruvian and our family always takes him to his favorite Peruvian restaurant, Inka Mama's, for his birthday celebration. We live in Carlsbad so we were thrilled when the San Clemente location opened. The service was outstanding and the food was simply delicious. We used the online coupon for the free appetizer and also sampled two others. I don't know if there is outdoor seating because we went at night. We were the last ones served but we never felt rushed. It was a weeknight and they closed at 9 PM. We have never needed reservations at any of Inka Mama's locations. The Peruvian ceviche is not to be believed. I could just drink the lime juice and be happy.....so much better than the usual Mexican ceviche so common here in southern California. I can't think of anything I did not like about our experience. Anyone wishing to try Peruvian food should visit Inka Mama's!

Reviewed 25 December 2011

We visited Inka Mama before a recent trip to Peru Nd enjoyed a taste of the food and culture of this great country. Staff was helpful and food was good.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I have been to the other location in Aliso Viejo and I love the food and the atmosphere. The food in San Clemente was even better if that is possible....the Chicken Saltado is my favorite! The only thing missing in the San Clemente location is ambiance, the dining area needs more warmth...it's too bright and cafeteria like. However, it won't stop me from going back for more and this location is very convenient.