“OMG! It's totally remodeled!”
Review of San Clemente Inn

San Clemente Inn
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The place is fantastic! All new carpeting, bedding, and bedroom furnishings. The staff was incredibly friendly and our room was spotless! This room is far better than the Hilton we stayed at last year. We'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank roadtripper509

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Location is great (right up the hill from the beach), rooms are clean, facility is a little outdated, but it's a nice timeshare in an area where timeshares are hard to come by. We have stayed four times and have enjoyed our stay every time. The galley kitchen is a nice bonus and helps you save money, because you don't have to eat every meal out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the north section of the hotel. Nice views of the ocean and the state park.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank apchick76
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights while in the area to attend my sons graduation from Camp Pendleton. The only complaint I have about the Hotel, is a pervasive odor in the room. I had a "no smoking" room, however there was the odor of stale tobacco smoke, or something similar in the room. Other than that, the room was very clean, well furnished, and the location was great. The queen bed was a little hard for my taste, and the pillows were quite plump, something I'm not used to. I had breakfast at the on site restaurant, Adeles, the service was excellent and the food good. Bottom line, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Joe M
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I found the location of the San Clemente Inn wonderful. Nestled in between San Diego and Los Angles, this spot provides both adventure and relaxation in spades. The inn is very close to a state park and the view I spectacular! If you want to stay on the grounds and chill out, it’s easy and simple. If you want to go out and explore the surrounding countryside and/or park, that’s easy to do as well.

The rooms are spacious and well appointed with modern conveniences while maintaining an old world charm, including DVD player and full kitchen if desired. The décor is both warm and clean and I really loved that each room is No Smoking Allowed. I would like there to be a pet policy but I can live with that for now because everything else is so great.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the park if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank willmolinar69
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My family and I just returned from our vacation. The San Clemente Inn is our family favorite. The décor has been updated and is so comfortable. The staff is excellent and attentive. The state park is within walking distance and the beach is right down the hill!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane C
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This place is so easy and comfortable. I love Adeles on site. San clemente beach is a 10 minute walk. I can ride my bike from here into town. San Clemente is a lovely beach community. If I could bring my dog here it would be perfect!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank ElsieBayou
Reviewed 3 September 2013

After staying here for a wedding I cant quite say this "hotel" is worth being called one. Its more a over glorified motel, 2 levels with a pool restaurant/bar and billiards room.
Check in is at 3pm however they have something called Pre- registering which allows at 1pm to check in if you are an early arrival though this does pretty much absobs small surf town )so if you are looking for to sleep in on a vacation before you leave, DONT COUNT ON IT HERE . They expect you to call between 7am - 9 am the day of checkout for a request of a later exit time. And dont expect to get any simpathy from their staff... They have two very nice ladies at the front desk, but when speaking to the manager like the ladies, they blame the company on not being accommodating.

Now as far as the rooms go. My studio(, like that of my friends breaker suite) were 1970's-like decorated rooms with modern TV's. My Bathroom was a small bathroom with a shower equipped with a bar of soap wrapped in plastic and a complimentary mini tooth paste. Something one would think that a "hotel" of $135 a night (a price that rivals the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas on a weekend) would provide a little more than tooth paste and a bar of soap.But no they do not.
Aside from that I will say that the location is a short 1/4-1/2 mile walk to the beach. So if you come for the beach its great, if you are looking for a nice room... LOOK else where.

Room Tip: make sure you request a room with a view otherwise you will havea room with a view of building in fr...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo