“Not fair pricing, an attempted pricing rip-off !!”
Review of San Clemente Inn

San Clemente Inn
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Reviewed 5 October 2013

When my husband and I were trying to find a last-minute over-night stay to connect with and entertain our grandchildren for the evening, I called this hotel from the freeway and was quoted a price over the phone of $100 for a full kitchen unit per night. Only 3-4 minutes later, we arrived at The San Clemente Inn and my husband was told that the exact room was now priced at over $130. When I confronted reception regarding the discrepancy in cost, she did lower the cost; however, it did not instill a feeling of honesty regarding staff.
The positive: the grounds were well-groomed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank coastaltravler03

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The place is fantastic! All new carpeting, bedding, and bedroom furnishings. The staff was incredibly friendly and our room was spotless! This room is far better than the Hilton we stayed at last year. We'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank roadtripper509
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Location is great (right up the hill from the beach), rooms are clean, facility is a little outdated, but it's a nice timeshare in an area where timeshares are hard to come by. We have stayed four times and have enjoyed our stay every time. The galley kitchen is a nice bonus and helps you save money, because you don't have to eat every meal out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the north section of the hotel. Nice views of the ocean and the state park.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank apchick76
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights while in the area to attend my sons graduation from Camp Pendleton. The only complaint I have about the Hotel, is a pervasive odor in the room. I had a "no smoking" room, however there was the odor of stale tobacco smoke, or something similar in the room. Other than that, the room was very clean, well furnished, and the location was great. The queen bed was a little hard for my taste, and the pillows were quite plump, something I'm not used to. I had breakfast at the on site restaurant, Adeles, the service was excellent and the food good. Bottom line, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Joe M
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I found the location of the San Clemente Inn wonderful. Nestled in between San Diego and Los Angles, this spot provides both adventure and relaxation in spades. The inn is very close to a state park and the view I spectacular! If you want to stay on the grounds and chill out, it’s easy and simple. If you want to go out and explore the surrounding countryside and/or park, that’s easy to do as well.

The rooms are spacious and well appointed with modern conveniences while maintaining an old world charm, including DVD player and full kitchen if desired. The décor is both warm and clean and I really loved that each room is No Smoking Allowed. I would like there to be a pet policy but I can live with that for now because everything else is so great.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the park if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank willmolinar69
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My family and I just returned from our vacation. The San Clemente Inn is our family favorite. The décor has been updated and is so comfortable. The staff is excellent and attentive. The state park is within walking distance and the beach is right down the hill!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane C
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This place is so easy and comfortable. I love Adeles on site. San clemente beach is a 10 minute walk. I can ride my bike from here into town. San Clemente is a lovely beach community. If I could bring my dog here it would be perfect!

• Stayed: March 2013