“Great place, cute and cozy.”
Review of San Clemente Inn

San Clemente Inn
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The room was nice and cozy. Had a nice firm bed and had two Murphy's bed and a pull out. Plenty of room to sleep. Nicely equipped kitchette. Parking and facilities are spacious. Staff was friendly and nice. Very informative. Make sure to check out Adele's.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank ecruzmir

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were very impressed with every aspect of our stay at the San Clemente Inn. Their staff was excellent. The room was more than what we expected. There is a lot to do at the Inn itself and a short walk to the beach.. We will be coming back!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask to over look the garden.. You won't regret it..
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Russ R
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I recently stayed at the San Clemente Inn and I must say it was my first and last time visiting this place. Their check in process is ridiculous, you need to be present between 1:00pm until the time they call your name otherwise the room assigned to you will be the parking lot (almost). The lady who calls out the names constantly repeats herself letting everyone know if they don't respond to their names by the 2nd call they will go to bottom of her list, meaning they will get one of the worst rooms. Not only is this a waste of time, the process is almost humiliating.The rooms are outdated and boring. At first glance the rooms seem clean but when you look closer you will find out the room needs some special attention. My husband and I love visiting San Clemente but staying at the San Clemente Inn ruined my weekend entirely.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank L G
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I had a great room - sleeping 6 people, with I 1/2 bathrooms, 3rd floor garden/pool view, sounds good. But then the smoke alarm went off 3 times that night (from 11 p.m. - 7 a.m., approx. every 3 hours) - that was supposedly fixed. Also, my next door neighbor at 6:30 a.m. slams the front door when leaving, and again when arriving so hard that I thought we had an earthquake. He did this every day. Remember that smoke alarm that was fixed - well it sounded off again. At that point I asked to be moved to another unit. They did not have a unit comparable to my unit so I had to settle for a smaller unit with a view of the parking lot.. Other than the above problems I had a good stay, and still recommend the San Clemente Inn . I found the entire staff was friendly, helpful, understanding and courteous. The weather was just great- rained only once.

Room Tip: Request the top floor with a view of the ocean, garden or pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Cutestuff13
Reviewed 5 October 2013

When my husband and I were trying to find a last-minute over-night stay to connect with and entertain our grandchildren for the evening, I called this hotel from the freeway and was quoted a price over the phone of $100 for a full kitchen unit per night. Only 3-4 minutes later, we arrived at The San Clemente Inn and my husband was told that the exact room was now priced at over $130. When I confronted reception regarding the discrepancy in cost, she did lower the cost; however, it did not instill a feeling of honesty regarding staff.
The positive: the grounds were well-groomed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank coastaltravler03
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The place is fantastic! All new carpeting, bedding, and bedroom furnishings. The staff was incredibly friendly and our room was spotless! This room is far better than the Hilton we stayed at last year. We'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank roadtripper509
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Location is great (right up the hill from the beach), rooms are clean, facility is a little outdated, but it's a nice timeshare in an area where timeshares are hard to come by. We have stayed four times and have enjoyed our stay every time. The galley kitchen is a nice bonus and helps you save money, because you don't have to eat every meal out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the north section of the hotel. Nice views of the ocean and the state park.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family