“Almost hate to recommend this place. . .”
Review of Cafe Rae

Cafe Rae
Ranked #61 of 221 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed 24 March 2014

. . .only because it is already small, a little loud, but oh so worth a visit! We just happened upon this place, but I can say it was and is one of our most favorite places! Friendly, creative menu with specials, and small, but fun! I had the special huevos ranchos with Cuban chicken...so good! We also ordered the blueberry coconut pancakes that were so big we had to take them home and enjoy them later. Fresh fruit available. Just good food all around! We ate brunch but can't wait to try a lunch. Even at brunch it is crowded, but certainly worth any wait!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Cute and unique interior. Blueberry, coconut pancakes to die for. I had Cuban chicken huevos rancheros that were fresh and real. I loved the food and the cook and waiter were so personable and friendly. Hope I get to go back again someday.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Is the first time I ate at this adorable little café in San Clemente today. We each ordered omelettes. My sweetheart had a bacon avocado and cheese omelette. I had a sausage mushroom and cheese omelette. Are the owners who are husband-and-wife team are so nice. Jenny is the wife and she makes beautiful silkscreen products. It's a cozy little café with a lot of wonderful bright colors. Will be back!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This restaurant is an excellent place for breakfast or lunch. The owner/chef is very friendly as is his wife and the entire wait staff. We love the food there, especially his brisket. We have had it in an omelette and a sandwich. A very casual, relaxed place.

1  Thank Jane M
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

The food was delish! I had an amazing peach pecan pancake and my husband had a brisket omelet that he went crazy over! The brisket melted in your mouth. By far the best omelet he's had.The decor is so colorful and pretty it just makes you happy to be there!