“yummy town”
Review of Sunset Inn at the Pier - CLOSED

Sunset Inn at the Pier
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 June 2013

awesome spot. If you can beat the happy hour crowd and snag one of the few tables outside with a view you're set! It can get a little crowded and sometimes services is kind of slow but nothing to complain about. What to get: the grilled romaine salad with champagne vinegar dressing. Let me just say, unreal! The portion is huge and the taste is like nothing I can compare to, just simply awesome. My mouth is watering and I'm on the east coast now.. so not fair =( someone go enjoy one for me? They usually have a daily happy hour or drink special, the mai tai is pretty good especially considering I hate rum but tried one anyway and I was pleasantly surprised, presentation is also nice. They add little Hawaiian flowers to almost everything, but I wouldn't eat them haha. Some more room or spacing with the tables wouldn't hurt because once it get's croweded it's hard to navigate. But overall a great place. Delicious!

There are newer reviews for Sunset Inn at the Pier

Reviewed 8 May 2013

this was not our first choice for eating but turned out to be very good,the food was of good quality well presented and good value for money. also the atmosphere was very good live music and not too loud just an all round good place to spend an evening

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This resturant took over from another great resturant called the White Horses. White Horses catered to an older crowd and unfortunatily didn't work out. This newer restaurant caters to a younger crowd and seems to always to be busy. Wonderful view of the ocean, beach and pier. Great Tacos!!

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Good drinks, friendly staff, nice cocktail bar and adjoining sushi/sake bar, a few choice seats outside. Worth a cocktail stop and the food is very decent, too.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

The Sunset Inn could get away with just its view of the pier, Pacific Ocean, and flaming sunsets. It could, but it certainly doesn't. The Sunset was the spot for one of our family happy hours. The staff kindly arranged some bar tables in a U-shape so we could chat and raise our wine glasses to each other. All around were happy, chatty customers enjoying the fine vibe.
The menu is a collection of pleasure. I ordered the California roll, which can often be sort of ho-hum at even Sushi bars. The Sunset's California rolls were THE best I've ever tasted. So much that I ordered another round! My sisters raved about the tacos and sushi. Right before we left, a small reggae band got going, and Mom wanted to dance. Thank you Sunset for a great evening!