“not my cup of green tea”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Well Restaurant
Ranked #109 of 214 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Chinese
San Clemente, California, United States
“not my cup of green tea”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I am by know means an expert on asian cuisine but I know what I like and this aint it . I found the food to be ordinary at best and the egg foo young not very good at all .Nothing seemed to have much taste or flavor I dont drench my food with soy but this need something , anything to make stand out the shrimp in lobster sauce was ok , but it could have come out of a can it had nothing
really good about it . I found the service to be just ok. It took forever to get menus and drinks and almost as long to order food but then the food was done in minutes . Then getting the bill was like pulling teeth . to be fair they do alot of take out here but thats no excuse , if your gonna have waiters and tables then do a good job with them. I may seem to another reader to be picky but I really am not , I eat at alot of dives any can come away glowing . if this is your favorite place then god bless .I feel the are many other places in this area to get chinese food and they do a better job at it for the same price , shanghai charlies in capo beach comes to mind.

• Visited January 2013

San Clemente, California
“Food is great!”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Best Chinese food in San Clemente.
The only confusing thing is that no where in the menu sais that you have to have an entry in order to have the pupu platter for the regular price.
waitress told us if we where not going to order dinner then the pupu platter is 5.00 more, but he'll let it go this time. So make sure you ask before you order.

• Visited December 2011
San Clemente
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful owners~”
Reviewed 29 August 2008

My favorite dish is Tomato Beef and even though it's not on their regular menu the owners will go next door to Stater Bros and buy tomatoes just to make it! Fabulous Ribs as well - a family favorite! Tender and juicy. Family service and fresh food far out weighs the 'fast food' chinese places in town.

1 Thank LisSanClemente