My wife and I traveled to San Clemente to attend my nephew's wedding on the beach. We only stayed there the one night, fortunately. The one-bed room was clean and of average size. There was a small refrigerator that was noisy enough at night to make getting to sleep a little difficult and a microwave we did not use. There is no central AC/Heat but there is a wall unit you would have to run constantly to avoid opening the old single pane window because of the traffic noise from the close-by freeway. My wife says they should name it "The Little Inn By The Freeway".
Parking is very limited and tight. A notice posted in the elevator warns that if you park at any of the nearby businesses you car will be towed. Don't do that. When we returned from the reception at around 11:00 pm that night we had to park on a side street. There were a few open spaces but they are so narrow I would not have been able to open the car door to exit. There was one of the few spaces open in the small parking garage but a large concrete support pillar prevented me from getting my mid-size car into the parking space. All things said our stay there was just ok. Next time we stay in the area we'll spend a few extra dollars for better accommodations. There are plenty to choose from.
BTW, we did have a wonderful breakfast the next morning at The Fisherman's Restaurant And Bar on the pier. The food and service was very good and so was the Bloody Mary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quaint local family owned Inn with ocean view, yet near Hwy 5, restaurants, shops. We offer a king or 2 queen bed clean, comfortable and spacious rooms with the following amenities:Continental Breakfast Daily Patio and ocean/sunset view Microwave and mini fridgeCoffee maker, iron, iron board, and hair dryerDining and office table and chairsAlarm clock radio with adaptor for Ipod, music deviceTV, DVD player and DVD moviesParking – some coveredLocal restaurants, surf board and bike rental, shopping and night life walking distanceEasy on and off Hwy 5 access, just minutes to San Onofre, Camp Pendleton, Dana Point Harbor, State Park, Beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Little Inn by the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Little Inn By The Beach Hotel San Clemente
- Little Hotel San Clemente