1. This was a working vacation and i needed in room internet service. I was unable to connect the first night and talked to Todd the Manager the next morning, Todd tried hard to help that morning and we were able to get a connection with 2 bars. However, as soon as Todd left the connection failed and the network didn't even show as a possible connection. I left a message for Todd to call me and he never returned my call, that was on 6-18 as of today 6-23 i still haven't heard from him.
2. the dining experience was excellent, especially by the manager (Inaja? who's name i can't remember how to spell), but he was from Persia. he couldn't do enough for you. good food, great service and a fun experience. that was over the weekend. on Monday i received a nice greeting when i entered the restaurant by both Boyd and another i believe to be the cook, however things went down hill from there. he was surly when asking for something, messed up the order. then watched him serve another table of 7 and mess up their order a couple of times. Boyd when he brought me my check tossed on the table from behind me. No here's your check, I'll take when your ready, nothing. i left and came back a few minutes later and asked for a cup of coffee, which he reluctantly poured for me saying "there's coffee in the lobby"..
my wife running late as always, walked into the restaurant at 10 minutes to 10 (they close at 10) My buddy Boyd told her the restaurant is closed and refused to serve her. when i confronted him at 5 minutes to 10, he said he didn't tell her the restaurant was closed but that it was closing and then told me to send her in. in can figure my response to that, FORGET IT!!!
As i said this could have been a great stay, i travel every week end 6 months out of the year at various properties depending where my office books me. this was the worst experience I've had, especially from a Holiday Inn Property.
I'm still waiting for that phone call, Todd!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful 72 room full service hotel in historic San Clemente. Enjoy views of the Pacific Ocean or take a stroll through downtown past the shops and restaurants to San Clemente Pier or San Clemente Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Holiday Inn San Clemente reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Clemente Hotel San Clemente
- San Clemente Holiday Inn