“This could have been a great stay.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn San Clemente

Holiday Inn San Clemente
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“This could have been a great stay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

1. This was a working vacation and i needed in room internet service. I was unable to connect the first night and talked to Todd the Manager the next morning, Todd tried hard to help that morning and we were able to get a connection with 2 bars. However, as soon as Todd left the connection failed and the network didn't even show as a possible connection. I left a message for Todd to call me and he never returned my call, that was on 6-18 as of today 6-23 i still haven't heard from him.
2. the dining experience was excellent, especially by the manager (Inaja? who's name i can't remember how to spell), but he was from Persia. he couldn't do enough for you. good food, great service and a fun experience. that was over the weekend. on Monday i received a nice greeting when i entered the restaurant by both Boyd and another i believe to be the cook, however things went down hill from there. he was surly when asking for something, messed up the order. then watched him serve another table of 7 and mess up their order a couple of times. Boyd when he brought me my check tossed on the table from behind me. No here's your check, I'll take when your ready, nothing. i left and came back a few minutes later and asked for a cup of coffee, which he reluctantly poured for me saying "there's coffee in the lobby"..
my wife running late as always, walked into the restaurant at 10 minutes to 10 (they close at 10) My buddy Boyd told her the restaurant is closed and refused to serve her. when i confronted him at 5 minutes to 10, he said he didn't tell her the restaurant was closed but that it was closing and then told me to send her in. in can figure my response to that, FORGET IT!!!
As i said this could have been a great stay, i travel every week end 6 months out of the year at various properties depending where my office books me. this was the worst experience I've had, especially from a Holiday Inn Property.
I'm still waiting for that phone call, Todd!!

Room Tip: Water side doesn't have freeway noise, but a little noise from a couple of bars on Friday &...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Troy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Clemente, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for your reviews on Tripadvisor and Yelp. We appreciate your comments and are working

diligently to resolve the unfortunate issues you had to endure while being our guest. As you and I

discussed during your stay, we are currently in the process of working with Cox Communication in order

to have the strongest and most reliable internet in Orange County. As I am sure you noticed the Cox

Communication trucks on property, we are close to completion.

Todd Forester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Bakersfield
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I booked two rooms for a family wedding in the area.

First off the only elevator was under repair. My father asked for a first floor room due to heart lung condition. He was told they only had top floor and he would have to walk the stairs.

The rooms were dirty and smelled of cigarettes even though they were supposedly non smoking.

I called Holiday Inn corporate to tell what a disgrace to their name this hotel is. Should be a reclamation project.

Never again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Snohomish, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel has large, updated comfortable rooms. We stayed in a ocean side room and its not ocean front but can you see the ocean. The rate was great through groupon. Its clean the front staff is very friendly,parking was not an issue. Will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: We requested the 3rd floor to have a better view. Room 333 the large size of the room was great.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MTgirl5517
Troy M, Manager at Holiday Inn San Clemente, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
MTgirl5517,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am thrilled that you had a great time at our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My family and I travel here a few times a year for a beach getaway. Very nice location and walking distance to shops and places to eat. The accommodations are nice, but nothing fancy. Quick drive to the beach and downtown area for more shopping.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room at the back of the hotel as it almost sits right on the 5 freeway and is very no...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Thank you to Todd, Shane and all the excellent staff at this location for another beautiful stay in San Clemente. Having first experienced the great location & care of the staff in January during a business trip, I was thrilled to be welcomed back for a visit with my Grandmother for a trip celebrating her 80th birthday. The rooms are spacious, very clean and quite comfortable. We loved being able to peek at the ocean on the horizon.

The sunset from our ocean-facing balcony was stunning!

Room Tip: Make sure to request to stay on the ocean-side of the hotel, the side facing the freeway can be nois...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Libby T
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

With a last minute booking during memorial weekend, Troy and staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The hotel, as well as the room, was very clean and well maintained. I loved the balcony with the great view and can't forget to mention that the bed was very comfortable. They have a great breakfast buffet that goes on until 10 am also. The hotel is conveniently located close to the beach, pier, restaurants, shops and bars. Such an enjoyable walk to the pier. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying here again. Thank you for the great hospitality!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank anafue17
Troy M, Manager at Holiday Inn San Clemente, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
anafue17,

Thank you for the your comments about our hotel. I am thrilled that you had such a great experience at the Holiday Inn, San Clemente and we hope to see you again soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

San Clement is a great town to relax and enjoy beautiful weather by the beach. This Holiday Inn reflects all that and more! The location is great and the staff is even better. My significant other and I stayed in this great hotel for the weekend of Memorial day 2014, we had a blast! We walked down to the pier, we had a awesome dinner in one of the many restaurants near by and went out for some drinks in one of the many though unique bars around the area. I highly recommend this Holiday Inn to anyone staying in San Clemente!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dj_vz
Dj_vz,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn, San Clemente. I always love to hear about our guests experiences when they take full advantage of our unique location in beautiful San Clemente. We hope to see you again in the near future.