All reviewscasa blancabreakfast roomoutlet mallnice poollarge roomwould stay againshort walk to the beachvery nice hoteldana pointwithin walking distanceroom was clean and comfortablefew blocksfree breakfastjacuzzi tubgreat place to stayparking lotlaguna beach
Reviewed 2 August 2008

I was impressed at first with this hotel. It was clean and for the price an OK hotel. I was traveling alone ( I am a 28 year old female) and made sure to lock the top lock of the hotel door before I fell asleep. At around 4 in the morning a man opened my hotel room door using a hotel key and attempted to enter my room. Because I had the top lock, he was unable to get in and gave up after a minute or two.
I reported this to the hotel and left several messages with the manager and never heard back. I would not recommend this hotel due to major safety issues that allowed a random man access to a hotel room where a female was sleeping alone. it is not worth this risk, find a different place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank Mermaidbina
LAWING, general manager at Best Western Plus Casablanca Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2008

I do apologize to the guest for the issues she had while staying here. Around 8am (not 4am) our laundry man was making his rounds collecting the towels and linens from the guest rooms. Unfortunately he mistook this room for being checked out and tried to enter the room. Once he saw a guest was present he promptly shut the door. I have held a meeting with my staff and reminded them to announce themselves and knock 2 times before ever entering a guest room even if they believe it to be empty, We will continue to strive offer excellent accomodations, and use issues like these to help improve our property. General Manager Best Western Casablanca Inn

Reviewed 21 April 2008

We stopped here for the night on our way back from San Diego to L.A. and thought it was a cute place. We liked the size of the room and how clean it seemed to be and the location was wonderful. The staff was great but I was only a little disappointed when I noticed a disgusting stain near the sink in our room. My children were glad to know that the pool stayed open until 11 p.m. and that it was heated so it was easy for them to enjoy a night time dip. The hotel states that it offers feminine products but upon inquiry it was only a females razor they offered. So if you forget something it is ok because there is a 7 eleven and a Riteaid down the street. Overall we had a great stay and they have a wonderful continental breakfast. They even have the staff in the conference room toasting your bagel for you. I liked the variety of breakfast items they offered and the kids were glad they could eat cereal instead of a muffin. The employee who toasted my bagel was very nice and was interested in where I was from and asking me how I liked California. He could have easily just toasted my bagel and turned his back, but he took the extra step to have a conversation and that is always appreciated. I would recommend this hotel to everybody.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2008

My daughter and I stayed here for six days in mid-March 2008 and really enjoyed it. It has a pleasant courtyard, a nice pool/spa area, a good continental breakfast, and lovely bed linens. Our room was clean and large, and the staff was very pleasant. The location gave great access to local attractions - loved the beach down the street, while shopping and the pier were just a short drive. The Raindow sandal store is at the end of the street and a must stop for great flip flops. It was close to the freeway for trips to LA and San Diego as well as US 1 for trips up the coast to Capistrano, Laguana, Newport Beach, etc. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2008

My family stayed here for one night and enjoyed ourselves very much. We were greeted by a warm smile by Crystal who was very caring to our needs and she also was kind enough to upgrade our room so our five year old daughter could use a spa tub. The rooms were spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The Casablanca had a nice heated pool and spa and a good sized fitness area. We also enjoyed a complimentary breakfast of waffles, bagels, assorted fruits and juices. Overall we enjoyed every aspect of this hotel and will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2008

Cheap. Regular room. Nothing special. Was barely there. No view.

Pool was clean and had small jacuzzi.

Just picked this hotel because of location. Very close to the beach which is BEAUTIFUL. 5-10 min walk. But we just drove. Pier in San Clemente has great seafood! Would stay again because of price.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple