“An Absolute Gem!”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
San Francisco, California
“An Absolute Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Hot, irritable from a LONG, HOT drive from No. CA, arriving at hotel at 7 in the evening, we came into a charming hotel, with lovely people at the Reception Desk, including Hotel Office Mgr., Rosalind. And the cookies were DELICIOUS! The Room was lovely, very comfortable beds, lots of room for clothing, plus all the accoutrements, including Refrigerator and Microwave. The nicest thing was the Welcome Letter greeting us as Hilton Diamond Members from Rosalind. Not every hotel does that, but after our long day, it was much appreciated. A full Breakfast menu was included. This was our first time in San Clemente, and the Front Desk explained where the shops were, and just where to go from our Hotel, to the wedding at Casa Romantica, close by. We were reassured, felt comfortable in the area, and are hoping to return here at this Hampton Inn, again!

Room Tip: Very easy access on and off Hwy., close to the Pier and lovely shops. Rooms are great!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Irvine, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

My wife and I stayed here after her High School reunion down the street. We were able to walk everywhere we needed to go due to the central location of the hotel. The room was nice and we could see the ocean from our window. We didn't spend too much time in the room, but when we did it was comfortable and had everything we needed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Concord, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

We had a wonderful time at the Hampton. The staff was friendly. The room was spacious and clean. We didn't get to use the pool (why would one swim in a pool with the entire Pacific Ocean right down the road.) We enjoyed ourselves, and the hotel took care of everything else.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Vinton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

This is a great hotel. This is my second time here this year. My first stay was 118 nights, and most recent this stay was for 51 more. Yes, I've slept here for 169 nights this year. The staff is the best I've encountered. When I return to the area, I'll stay here again without a doubt. You are treated like family here. July 1 thru August 21 was my most recent business trip. If they had the Golf Channel, I would have no complaints at all. kkkkkkkkkkkkk

Room Tip: Ocean view or golf course view; pick your preference. I can't imagine a bad room in this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

Typical Hampton Inn - big, comfortable rooms and a decent breakfast. Don't know about all the other Hamptons but this one had free beers and nachos in the afternoon (perfect after a long ride). And the ladies at the reception desk were top notch. Polite, friendly and very efficient. They definitely set this Hampton apart from other hotels. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
SGilliom, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Thank you!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

Our daughter was married August 4th, 2012 in San Clemente (5 minutes away from the hotel). We blocked 15 rooms and worked very closely with Donia Moore, General Manager and Rosalind Batterton, Front Office Manager for months in advance. They were amazing people to work with and we felt they exceeded the effort to make our weekend so special and it was. The rooms were very clean, very spacious and completely operational. The housekeeping staff was exceptional as they made it possible for the guests who requested early check in (before 3) to get into the room to dress for the wedding. The lobby was very cozy and had free coffee, tea and big screen TV a great place to talk with family and friends. The night shift front desk (Mariposa) was extremely friendly. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and the staff working were so nice and worked so hard. A Very family friendly. We highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the golf course is a great side to be in.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for this wonderful review, and congratulations to your daughter! We're happy to have been part of this special day, and we appreciate your recommendation - thank you!
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in San Clemente many times before on business trips and have always looked forward to coming back. My most recent trip, in June 2012 was as always, exceptional. When I checked in, Rosalind made me feel like I was their most important guest. She took very good care of me. My room was ready when I arrived, and was clean and comfortable, as always. The free hi-speed internet is easy to connect to and works very well. The climate control kept the room just the way I like it - cold! I love the Hampton Inn breakfast every morning. I went down to the front desk several times to get ice cream, and Andrea was there to help me. Andrea is so pretty and her bright and cheerful personality made me want to visit the front desk every day, just to say hello and see her smile. This is one of my favorite places to stay for business travel - anywhere!! It looks like I'll be back in late November or early December and I am very much looking forward to it!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
SGilliom, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Thank you for this wonderful review! I'll be sure to forward this to Andrea, she will love to read it. We are looking forward to welcome you again later this year!