“Great Staff”

Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The staff are pleasant & welcoming. They did everything they could to ensure our stay was a good experience. We had over 40 rooms booked for a wedding, and everyone was pleased about the cleanliness & staff efficiency.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed here with my wife on a rare night away from the kids. The staff was very friendly and took great care of us. We had a wonderful dinner at Nicks and enjoyed how close the Hampton is to downtown and trestles (a world famous surf break) I highly recommend this hotel for the best of both worlds. Clean, great beds, great TVs, and the best staff to go along. Cant beat it!:)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Staff offered poor internet sign on help. Beyond ridiculous. Very inconvenienced to obtain simple instructions . I was without internet service for most of the stay. The manager was the only one in the Hampton that could help and i had to wait a long time for his arrival before he could give me a working sign on password. The help did not last and i had to once again take my computer downstairs only to find that there still was nobody that could tell me why the pass words that were given to me did not work. I had to go without service until a technician finally called my room with a working pass word and instruction on how to access there service. I would not have been inconvenienced if the manager had trained his staff on the simple instructions in more detail.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Nice Rooms.Cozy and clean. Staff was very nice. Location for me was great. Near beach and Wedge Wood Golf Course. The parking was small but convenient. Breakfest was better then I was expecting. Super.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Staff and management were very accommodating. When a room near mine required repairs and airing/drying out and the odor was noticeable in the hall they offered to relocate me. I did not request this nor did I think I needed to move but, they offered it to me when I returned to the hotel from my meetings, before I went to my room. Those folks were on the ball. Great Work!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Great experience. comfort and location to the base. Loved it! I would stay here again. Friendly, efficient, and fast check in. Loved they had complementary drinks in the lounge and variety at breakfast. Got a kick out of the post it note on headboard. But definitely a step up from "other" hotels and I felt everything was clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband and I have been attending the Pageant of the Masters up in Laguna Beach every last Thursday in August for the past five years. After two consecutive years staying at this Hampton Inn and Suites, I think we've found our "home base" and are happy with the digs. To clarify, we live in San Diego and have a view of Mission Bay from our house, so seeing the ocean or being on the beach is not a priority for us when we book this for our one-nighter. A good night's sleep, nice people at the front desk, safe and close parking (not to mention free), and a reasonable rate are. Mission accomplished on all accounts here.

I can equally recommend rooms on either side of the hotel, having stayed in both. I almost prefer the west-facing, because you don't get the early morning sun coming in from the east, and I think the rooms are better. As a general rule of thumb, though, go buy some foam ear plugs at CVS (the fat orange ones) and put them in your travel bag. You never know when you'll get a noisy neighbor or someone who insists on banging their room door shut when they go down early for the free breakfast buffet. They'll also come in handy if you somehow are able to hear the traffic noise from I-5, which I never do.

I also have to give a shout-out to the management and front desk staff of this hotel. They are always nice, helpful, and efficient. I know we aren't dropping a ton of money to stay there, but they treat us like we are, and it's appreciated.

Room Tip: I think all the king bedded rooms facing the golf course are accessible ones -- so if someone with a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple