“A fantastic experience”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. From the moment I walked in, I felt at home. The staff did everything they could to make sure everything was in order. I stayed for a two-week period in June and another two-week period in July. And I will definitely be back. The room was serviced every day and a maintenance issue was fixed before I even made it back to the room. The General Manager, Johnson, recognized me out in a local restaurant (even though I had not actually met him yet) and introduced himself. He greeted me by name every time I saw him after that and I would often see him in the lobby talking with other guests. Check- in and check-out were a breeze. And I have never seen a complimentary breakfast this nice. Easy access to the interstate and to the local beach. Overall, one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. Keep up the good work! I'd give it six stars if I could.

Room Tip: I did enjoy opening the drapes to look out on the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Johnson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Wow Kent W. Thanks so much for such a great review. We are so happy that you had a fantastic experience at our hotel. We, at the Hampton Inn & Suites, strive to provide an atmosphere of warmth and welcome. We appreciate you taking the time to give your positive comments about our staff and hotel.

We hope to see you soon.

Cheers,

Johnson Menezes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Citrus Heights, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We loved this hotel, the handicap facilities for my husband were beyond compare. The free cooked to order breakfast was across the hall, so I could run over and bring breakfast back to the room(109) I could see the ocean from our balcony. Covered handicap parking was right at the door of the lobby, the elevator door was in the entrance to the lobby, there were plenty of luggage dollies so I did not have to make 3 trips as I did in another hotel we stayed at. There was a refrigerator and micro wave in room...oh and coffeemaker. One of the most comfortable and convenient hotels I have ever stayed in. I am a travel agent and have traveled the world, most recently with a disabled husband.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Johnson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear FQT Cruiser,

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel and found our facility comfortable and convenient. Yes, the views of the ocean are incredible! Please come back soon for more!Your kind words are greatly appreciated.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The General Manager Johnson was Amazing! He actually took the time to come visit his guests in the breakfast area and we saw him throughout our three day stay helping in housekeeping, front desk and the breakfast area! That's rare these days! Keep it up! You won us over.

• Stayed July 2014
Johnson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Scunnin,

We are all very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you soon and thank you for your kind words.

Gilbert, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Broken AC, Some staff was very caring and friendly. However, Athene was so rude and nasty that she over road the good. Room wasn't serviced one day. No fresh towels or beds. Felt as though they just didn't care about us.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Johnson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear David Q,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the A/C not working in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. I’m sorry for the service you received from our staff and I want to thank you again for your review.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Beach is minutes away. Nice looking golf course right behind hotel. Parking was safe and secure. Everything you need is close by....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hotel accommodations were very user friendly with a split bathroom and separate bedroom and sitting room. Staff very competent. Interesting that the lobby is in the basement off of the covered parking. However, once discovered, no problems.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Johnson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear 37jeffe,

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel and found our hotel accomodations very user friendly and praising our staff. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and we hope to see you soon.

Scottsdale, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Started off with Happy Hour hosted by the General Manager. The room was deluxe. The Breakfast was great. and the staff very friendly. San Clemente is a very pretty town with a lot to do and in an area where there are other interesting small towns.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Conrad S,

We cannot thank you enough for your fabulous review of not only The Hampton Inn, but of San Clemente as well! We welcome you back anytime!