“Excellent hotel in San Clemente”

Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel staff was excellent. Clean rooms with all that you need. We loved the clean beds and bedding!!! We would definitely recommend this hotel if one is visiting San Clemente. Close to everything. If needing a hotel with quick access to Camp Pendelton this is a great place.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Johnson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Jill V,

I too am delighted that ou hotel staff was excellent and you loved our beds and bedding. We are happy to have made your stay memorable and be your #1 Choice in San Clemente! See you soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Here's my list.
#1. if you want ocean view, you actually get a highway view and it's LOUD!
#2. The breakfast. Fruit had flies, the waffle batter was oily/separated and OLD. The lady managing the breakfast area took out the trash, replaced the bags, then brought out new food including cereal and while pouring the cereal in, pushed it all in with her bare hands. ALL of that without washing her hands ONCE! NO GLOVES!
#3. The last thing I wanted to see when I went to be after a long, hard day working was a short and curly in the sheets. But there it was. I should have taken pics!!!!
#4. The AC in the room under us was so loud it rattled the floor and woke me up all night long.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, pick a top floor golf course view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicole V
Johnson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Nicole,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for your experience. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry you were disappointed with the view outside your room and the noise level of the A/C. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. Please contact me directly to discuss your stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Johnson.menezes@hilton.com

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. From the moment I walked in, I felt at home. The staff did everything they could to make sure everything was in order. I stayed for a two-week period in June and another two-week period in July. And I will definitely be back. The room was serviced every day and a maintenance issue was fixed before I even made it back to the room. The General Manager, Johnson, recognized me out in a local restaurant (even though I had not actually met him yet) and introduced himself. He greeted me by name every time I saw him after that and I would often see him in the lobby talking with other guests. Check- in and check-out were a breeze. And I have never seen a complimentary breakfast this nice. Easy access to the interstate and to the local beach. Overall, one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. Keep up the good work! I'd give it six stars if I could.

Room Tip: I did enjoy opening the drapes to look out on the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Johnson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Wow Kent W. Thanks so much for such a great review. We are so happy that you had a fantastic experience at our hotel. We, at the Hampton Inn & Suites, strive to provide an atmosphere of warmth and welcome. We appreciate you taking the time to give your positive comments about our staff and hotel.

We hope to see you soon.

Cheers,

Johnson Menezes

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We loved this hotel, the handicap facilities for my husband were beyond compare. The free cooked to order breakfast was across the hall, so I could run over and bring breakfast back to the room(109) I could see the ocean from our balcony. Covered handicap parking was right at the door of the lobby, the elevator door was in the entrance to the lobby, there were plenty of luggage dollies so I did not have to make 3 trips as I did in another hotel we stayed at. There was a refrigerator and micro wave in room...oh and coffeemaker. One of the most comfortable and convenient hotels I have ever stayed in. I am a travel agent and have traveled the world, most recently with a disabled husband.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear FQT Cruiser,

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel and found our facility comfortable and convenient. Yes, the views of the ocean are incredible! Please come back soon for more!Your kind words are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The General Manager Johnson was Amazing! He actually took the time to come visit his guests in the breakfast area and we saw him throughout our three day stay helping in housekeeping, front desk and the breakfast area! That's rare these days! Keep it up! You won us over.

• Stayed: July 2014
Johnson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Scunnin,

We are all very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you soon and thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Broken AC, Some staff was very caring and friendly. However, Athene was so rude and nasty that she over road the good. Room wasn't serviced one day. No fresh towels or beds. Felt as though they just didn't care about us.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Johnson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear David Q,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the A/C not working in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. I’m sorry for the service you received from our staff and I want to thank you again for your review.

Johnson Menezes

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Beach is minutes away. Nice looking golf course right behind hotel. Parking was safe and secure. Everything you need is close by....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####....######......#####