“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Fortuna, United States
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

The staff is wonderful, going out of their way to help you. They remember you when they see you and offer little amenities that just make you feel like you are really welcome there. I felt very safe and secure and the room was clean and comfortable. I'll definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Johnson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Patricia Y D,

It is always good to hear that we met a guest’s expectations, but also our hotel was safe and secure. Thank you for your positive review and we hope to see you soon.

Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Orlando, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My family of 4 shared a suite on our recent trip to San Clemente. There was more than enough room for all of us to stretch out and not feel like we were living on top of each other. The teenager had no complaints with the foldout couch, enjoying her privacy behind a door which closed between the front room and the bedroom. The rooms were spotless and the staff was always friendly and attentive. It was nice to stay at a hotel free of incidents and undue noise.

Dear Timothy H,

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel and found our suite spacious for your family. Also, I will pass along your compliments to my staff. They work hard to make each guest stay a memorable one.Your kind words are greatly appreciated. We hope to see you soon.

Redlands, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites, San Clemente last week. When we arrived they had champagne and some candy for our Anniversary! What a nice surprise. They were very appreciative for our being Hilton Diamond Honor members. We stay there frequently every summer. The manager is excellent, its apparent they have made some positive changes there. A great place to stay in San Clemente, the rooms are very clean and have been updated. The pool and spa area is very nice,overlooking the golf course

Room Tip: you can stay on the golf course side or ocean view, both are nice. The ocean view is a bit noisier...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jan B,

We are so glad that you had a memorable stay with us and that we met up to your standards. We, at the Hampton Inn, strive to provide an atmosphere of warmth and welcome.I appreciate you taking the time to give your positive comments about our staff and hotel.

syosset, new york, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I chose San Clemente because we had just come from San Diego and I thought it would be a good jumping off point for our daily activities. Not only was it a good jumping off point but it was a great place in itself. we were only minutes away from Dana Point, San Juan Capistrano, Calafia Beach, amongst others. The San Clemente Pier also was a very good place to eat, shop and enjoy the town.

Dear Louis C,

I cannot thank you enough for your fabulous review of not only The Hampton Inn & Suites at San Clemente, but Southern California as well! We welcome you back anytime!

salt lake city, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel staff was excellent. Clean rooms with all that you need. We loved the clean beds and bedding!!! We would definitely recommend this hotel if one is visiting San Clemente. Close to everything. If needing a hotel with quick access to Camp Pendelton this is a great place.

Dear Jill V,

I too am delighted that ou hotel staff was excellent and you loved our beds and bedding. We are happy to have made your stay memorable and be your #1 Choice in San Clemente! See you soon.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Here's my list.
#1. if you want ocean view, you actually get a highway view and it's LOUD!
#2. The breakfast. Fruit had flies, the waffle batter was oily/separated and OLD. The lady managing the breakfast area took out the trash, replaced the bags, then brought out new food including cereal and while pouring the cereal in, pushed it all in with her bare hands. ALL of that without washing her hands ONCE! NO GLOVES!
#3. The last thing I wanted to see when I went to be after a long, hard day working was a short and curly in the sheets. But there it was. I should have taken pics!!!!
#4. The AC in the room under us was so loud it rattled the floor and woke me up all night long.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, pick a top floor golf course view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nicole V
Johnson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Nicole,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for your experience. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry you were disappointed with the view outside your room and the noise level of the A/C. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. Please contact me directly to discuss your stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Johnson.menezes@hilton.com
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. From the moment I walked in, I felt at home. The staff did everything they could to make sure everything was in order. I stayed for a two-week period in June and another two-week period in July. And I will definitely be back. The room was serviced every day and a maintenance issue was fixed before I even made it back to the room. The General Manager, Johnson, recognized me out in a local restaurant (even though I had not actually met him yet) and introduced himself. He greeted me by name every time I saw him after that and I would often see him in the lobby talking with other guests. Check- in and check-out were a breeze. And I have never seen a complimentary breakfast this nice. Easy access to the interstate and to the local beach. Overall, one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. Keep up the good work! I'd give it six stars if I could.

Room Tip: I did enjoy opening the drapes to look out on the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Johnson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Wow Kent W. Thanks so much for such a great review. We are so happy that you had a fantastic experience at our hotel. We, at the Hampton Inn & Suites, strive to provide an atmosphere of warmth and welcome. We appreciate you taking the time to give your positive comments about our staff and hotel.

We hope to see you soon.

Cheers,