“Bug bites, serious issues with long term guests”

Motel 6 Los Angeles - San Dimas
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in San Dimas
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stayed here as I was in town for a funeral. The first night I got a couple of bites on my arms and thought nothing of it, the second night I was eaten up and out at 1:30 in the morning trying to find a pharmacy open. They did comp one night of my stay, but in total I had 20 bites on my body that were huge and itched like crazy, alot of pain. Also, one night there was a car in the parking lot that had three windows busted out of it. There was a lot of people around the area that didn't really seem to beong to any of the rooms, they just wandered the halls. Was hit up several times for a cigarette by these people. Did not feel secure and safe at all and even had my 10 year old nephew get cussed out by someone in the parking lot. Will never stay here again and would not advise anyone else to either!

Room Tip: Go to the hotel across the street as we were advised if we wanted to be safe that is where we should...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank laurar33388

Reviewed 2 July 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at Motel 6 San Dimas. We visit from Australia to see the Car Shows at the Fairplex. Reception staff have always been friendly and helpful, This year our room was recently refurbished, Housekeeping were always helpful. The only downfall was the few permanent residence who smoke constantly outside the rooms. This smoke is sucked in the air conditioning. Surley they could smoke in the shade of the numerous trees.
Beside from this we will stay again next year.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2010

After checking other locale motels, Motel 6 in San Dimas was the cleanest, friendliest and so freeway close. The BEST part was the affordability with out losing the comfort.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND San Dimas Motel 6. It will definitly be my next stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2010

I was thrilled with the service! The fine young lady at the front desk who's name was Thea helped me out and was very friendly and showed me great customer service. She went above and beyond for me in order to help me. I couldn't thank her enough.
The room was descent but it was a little small with no fridge or jacuzzi.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2010

You get what just what you expect - a good, clean, basic room at a bargain price. The bed was rather hard. WiFi isn't free but it's only three bucks so I can't complain. Another review complained of bug bites which my wife experienced but I did not - I'm wondering if it might be a skin sensitivity issue. There is a local outfit that provides room service meals for lunch and dinner but we didn't use it.

One bit of interest - when we arrived there was a domestic disturbance (shouting and banging on the door) in one of the rooms. (No reflection on the motel, it can happen anywhere.) We thought, "Uh oh," but the police were there in less than two minutes and took care of it!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JosephRuckman
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I stayed at this motel about 12 years ago. Then again this past March. It is a lovely Motel 6. The staff is friendly. The hotel grounds are very well kept, the rooms are very clean. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Good Job staffers and owners.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2010

We have used this Motel 6 many many times and have never had a problem !

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Stardust Motel
#4 of 5 in Azusa
Holiday Inn Express San Dimas
Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites

Been to Motel 6 Los Angeles - San Dimas? Share your experiences!