“Naked man and cigarette stink”

Holiday Inn Express San Dimas
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in San Dimas
Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

Horrible experience.
Somehow they screwed up our reservation and gave us an already occupied room. Walked in on a gross, hairy guy in bed*.
When we went to the front desk to get a new room the gal didn't seem too concerned.
The 2nd room they gave us reeks of cig smoke.
Waiting on a 3rd room...
*this is why you should always use the "chain" on the door to avoid surprises.

• Stayed: December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Dimas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear Ifurita,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay and I regret your stay was negatively affected by the mix up in your reservation. Rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to these identified weakness.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 December 2012

Very pleasant hotel close to the town and nearby transportation routes. Breakfast was typical and staff was friendlier than most assisting me with directions, suggestions on where to eat, and where to walk for exercise. Pool and hot tub were clean. Room was well maintained, clean, and I liked the little extra sink/kitchen corner. Would easily recommend. paid $109 on gov't rate.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2012

What a wonderful hotel. We came up from San Diego and booked 2 rooms while visiting family. The service was great from the moment we entered. Sam at the front desk was very helpful and nice. Both rooms were beautiful, large and exceptionally clean. The granite countertops and large flat screen TV were the icing on the cake. There was even a microwave and small frig in the room. Wow. We will definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JT P
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This was a very nice hotel with a courtyard center.
I always am a bit nervous when rooms open to the outside, but this was very safe.
You can't get to the courtyard center unless you enter the main lobby. (or you have a room key)
The hotel was pleasant and very clean and had a wonderful exercise room!
The bathroom had a large counter.
The staff were very friendly ... there was lots of shopping nearby.
San Dimas seems to be a nice community.
I would definitely return again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Eulalia_3
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Nice rooms! Good size & up to date. Stayed in a regular King bed room. Granite counter tops, big flat screen TVs, microwave, fridge, little kitchen sink, etc. Nothing you'd expect form an "Inn". Clean pool & jacuzzi. Free breakfast in the morning with a nice variety. Front desk & breakfast staff was very nice & helpful. Even tho you enter your room from outside (not in indoor hallway) the area is all gated in & you need a hotel room key to get in the gate from the parking lot. So not just anyone will be walking by your room. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank B T
Reviewed 16 October 2012

This Holiday Inn has an interesting layout - all the rooms seem to face the courtyard and pool area, but it was very quiet during my stay. Front desk was friendly and efficient during check in and check out. I had a suite and it was pretty clean.. pretty clean property all around. Lots of places to eat in the local area. It seemed pretty safe. I guess my one con against this property is they just didnt seem to "go the extra step" to make my stay that extra pleasent. Coffee needed replacing in the dining area when I checked in; could have used a few more towels, etc.. just that little extra I have noticed in other hotels that put them into the "excellent" catagory. But I stay in a lot of hotels, so maybe I'm just a little extra picky? I would definately stay here again and would recommend it for business travelers..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I recently spent a week here while on business. The room I had was very large and comfortable - very clean too. The staff was friendly, all of them. This hotel is situated in a very nice, safe area. Plenty of good restaurants within walking distance. I liked the style of the hotel with a gated courtyard that had a large pool and very nice hot tub. The breakfast was included in the price of the room. It was buffet style and varied from day to day with a great selection of food to choose from. Staying at this Holiday Inn was a nice surprise, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Dimas
Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - San Dimas
Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont
Best Western Plus Route 66 Glendora Inn
Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Dimas? Share your experiences!