Holiday Inn Express San Dimas
US$66
US$64
Travelocity
US$93
All reviewsfront deskpool areafacing doorswithin walking distancealarm clockpancakescomfortable bedcoffee makercourtyardmicrowavesinktvsofaminusesmailitemhousekeeping
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We appreciated the size of the room and location. Furthermore, the front desk staff were outstanding and extremely helpful. We will make this location a destination for all future visits to the area and events.

Room Tip: The back side rooms are have a business park which had shift workers we were here on December 31, so they were gone by 11pm.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank psychemike
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Let me start by saying there is nothing wrong with this hotel. The room is clean and pretty comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. But there's nothing here that made me think, I have to stay here each time I'm in this area.

The property looks like it was an older hotel that has been updated. The lobby and outdoor pool and hot tub area look nice. The rooms are decent, but show some signs of the building's original age plus wear-and-tear since it's last remodel. The "soft" pillows were as lumpy as grandma's homemade oatmeal. There was a bit of mold and poor caulking around the tub/shower. In general, the hotel rooms is just not quite there, and I don't think is quite up to Holiday Inn Express standards, let alone higher standards.

The breakfast area was clean and the assortment of food was really good, as it usually is at Holiday Inn Express hotels. There's not much here for the health-conscious eater, but otherwise it is fine.

Overall, my experiencing here was fine, but I expected a bit more.

Room Tip: The top floor (3rd floor) has fewer rooms and is a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ColeQ
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Dimas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear ColeQ,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience and concerns We are happy you like our staff and comfortable rooms. Please accept our apologies for your less than satisfactory stay and apologize that our hotel property and bathroom cleanliness fell below your expectations. Rest assured that these concerns will be looked into. We do hope when business or pleasure brings you back to the area, you will allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I booked a room with 2 queen beds because the king rooms were more than I wanted to spend. I was pleasantly surprised to find that our room (#214) was a very large suite with a sofa and desk. The room also had a microwave and refrigerator (no freezer).
I believe the hotel is fairly new and maybe that's why the bed was a little harder than I am comfortable in. Probably most people would be okay with it.

We stayed for a week so the choice at the free breakfast got boring, but it is free. The eggs varied from scrambled to flat to make an egg sandwich with. There was always yogurt, hard boiled eggs, pastries, cereal, packets to make hot oatmeal, and sometimes sausage or bacon. (you had to ask for hot water because the hot water machine was broken.)

The pool and hot tub hours were too restrictive for us to use except one day. It opens at 10 am and closes at 10 pm. The pool is not heated. The hotel is nicely laid out and landscaped so the pool area is very pleasant and has some tables with umbrellas.
The breakfast room staff was very friendly and the front desk was helpful. The printer didn't work to print out my boarding passes so the manager printed them at the front desk. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank joprit
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My wife and I have stayed here 3 times now. We have a Son that goes to La Verne and this hotel is just down the street. Folks at this Holiday Inn treat us like family and always welcome us when we arrive. The rooms are cleans and bright with lots of room and plenty of restaurants around. I agree with the other folks comments, you can't go wrong staying at this location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dc6714
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This place offers free parking, free wifi and a fantastic breakfast which will leave you full until dinner. The place is clean, tidy and quiet and the staff are very friendly.
I was really impressed with this place and the location. There are restaurants within walking distance.
If the car park fills up they provide you with a ticket to allow you to park on the road so you don't get a council parking ticket.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends