All reviewsmade to order breakfastwafflesomelethappy hourfrench toastexcellent breakfastbeer and wineno elevatormorning breakfastlocal restaurantsclean roomshot tubrose bowlnice poolhousekeeping staffwould recommend this hotel to anyonecomplimentary breakfast is
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We Price-lined this hotel. It was where we stayed during our brief vacation to see the2013 New Year’s Day Rose Parade. To drive about 15 miles to Rose parade next morning saved us from paying top dollar at a Pasadena hotel.

It was a very pleasant surprise to discover how nice this hotel was. My wife and I loved it. What made it extra-special were breakfast in the morning and the social hour in the late afternoon. With a chef on duty, breakfast was made to order (eggs how you want them, pancakes as you wish). In the late afternoon and early evening, guests received a free drink, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, at the bar. This lured visitors to bar and reception area. I found it enjoyable to visit with other travelers.

To add to all of that, the receptionists at the desk were pleasant and the room was first-class. All in all, I can’t wait to return.

Room Tip: We had a 1st floor room and there was no noise
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WVCliff
monzy043, General Manager at Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. We have recently transitioned from Comfort Suites to a Best Western. In trying to get caught up, I am late in responding to your lodging experience with us. I will be looking forward to your comments from your next stay.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 909-592-0500.

05707 Property
BEST WESTERN San Dimas Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 5 January 2013

We chose this hotel because of its location near the Pasadena Rose Bowl. We enjoyed it very much. The room was clean, comfortable and roomy. Excellent cooked to order breakfast (recommend the eggs benedict). We also enjoyed the two hour happy hour each evening. Front desk staff was very friendly. Many nearby restaurants of all types.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor with close proximity to the parking lot.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

05707 Property
BEST WESTERN San Dimas Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We arrived here very late, it seems that they close the lobby at night as I had to ring and tell them why I was coming in so late so that they would open the door. I assume this is a bad area if they close the lobby at night. I unfortunately forgot to add my AAA card with my reservation and the clerk did not want to modify my reservation and add the AAA rate. It's a shame.

The hotel itself was nice, the lobby area was very clean, the staff was nice too. The room was big, smell was a little musty but it didn't bother us much. The bed was comfortable however the washroom needed updating. The room next to us was empty and being renovated (we saw through the open door in the morning) so I assume some of these rooms are newer looking then others.

The room opens with doors on the outside however they face an inner court yard with a pool. I didn't feel unsafe here so I'm not sure why they lock the lobby. The internet worked well, the parking lot was big but not necessarily available near your room.

We missed the breakfast which is a shame because it was supposed to be good at this hotel. For the price point we paid it was a good stay, I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FieroAlex
Reviewed 25 August 2012

This was just what was needed. . . a comfortable place with all the amenities needed and available for a weeks stay. The management was outstanding, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a total surprise with made to order omelets among other choices. The mini kitchen was perfect with holding lunch and snack supplies. The hotel was clean, well maintained, and easy to get to. The area is safe and has close by stores, restaurants, etc. The bed was wonderful: comfortable mattress, great pillows, blankets and comforter . . . and it even had a pull out sofa where the grandsons spent one night visiting. The pool and jacuzzi were perfect for an end of the day swim. This will be our new go-to hotel when visiting our kids!

Room Tip: Corner room, 1st floor had great access to everything!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Nice charming rooms in a good location. Mini kitchen which helps with a quick breakfast/dinner although complemetary breakfast is offered. Good attention.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business