All reviewsmade to order breakfastwafflesomelethappy hourfrench toastexcellent breakfastbeer and wineno elevatormorning breakfastlocal restaurantsclean roomshot tubrose bowlnice poolhousekeeping staffwould recommend this hotel to anyonecomplimentary breakfast is
Reviewed 28 March 2010

We had an uncle and aunt that lived in San Dimas. My aunt passed away and I did not want to burden my uncle with having to stay with them. We traveled there to attend my aunt's funeral and help my uncle out with anything we could do. So I looked for a convenient hotel in San Dimas. I don't like staying in motels but there did not seem to be another type of accomodation in San Dimas. I don't usually like hotels that don't have security and allow cars to pull up alongside the rooms. I knew that the management at this hotel would not be able to tell if someone with criminal intent tried to break in to our rooms. I booked two rooms: one for me and one for my elderly parents. We wanted connecting rooms but there were none on the first floor, so we were able to get a room side by side. My parents don't do well on stairs and there were no elevators at the hotel. The hotel had a good breakfast in the morning and kind of a seedy evening cocktail time (which we did not attend). The breakfast was delicious and the people that worked the kitchen were really great and provided good service. One evening, my parents heard a fight and a huge commotion in the room next door. They were frightened and worried that I was being harmed. The manager was tucked nicely away in the front area and did not respond to the commotion. It was scary. Someone tried to open my door and kept jiggling the door knob. I could not reach the manager to complain or ask for help. Personal safety does not seem to be one of their strong points.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
monzy043, General Manager at Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

As GM, I am quite the contrary to being disconnected. I would like more specifics that explains my disconnect. I have arranged my schedule to work later into the evening just to be available to handle our guest's every need. On your next visit, please ask for the GM so that I will have a clearer understanding of how you were might have been neglected. As GM, I have won Choice prestige awards such as customer service, gold and platinum. These awards are not earned by being disconnected. I am looking forward to meeting and chatting with you on your next visit.

Reviewed 8 December 2009

We stayed one week at this Comfort Inn while visiting friends. Location is great. It is close to several restaurants and close to the freeway. The complex is well maintained and clean. The breakfast deal is a bonus as they have a cook prepare your eggs or pancakes to order. My only beef was the noise of the neighboring room at 5:30 AM. The walls sound like a 747 waiting for take-off. There was a group of working people staying here, so that might explain the timing of showers or sink noise. I never heard any voices or TV sounds though. So, except for the water noise factor, I would recommend this place, but would be tempted to try another place next time I'm there.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2009

We have stayed at this Comfort Suites a few times in recent years, the most recently was the weekend of Oct 10. My husband was working nearby that weekend, and we were also visiting family in the area. Our experiences have been good. We like the spacious rooms, cleanliness, and good breakfast that is included in the room rate. Omelettes or waffles made to order, a variety of other breakfast foods. We will plan to stay there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2009

My wife and I stayed here for a combo business/leisure trip. We found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very spacious and quiet with a lot of amenities not usually found in this price range such as free internet, refrigerator, work desk, couch and sitting area, very comfortable bed with upscale linens,microwave, huge bathroom and shower, and several areas to store suitcases. They even have 10% to 25% discounts arranged with local restaurants. The room comes with complimentary beverages served in their bar and I mean real drinks! UNLIMITED! Mixed drinks, wine, beer, soda all served by a friendly bar tender for a 2 hour happy hour from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. How can they afford that at this price? We even sat with the GM and watched the sweet 16 games on the flat screen behind the bar.
What a fabulous deal for the price! Oh and the complimentary breakfast is a real breakfast with omelettes made to order! not that cheap boxed stuff you will find at Holiday Inn Express.
I highly reccoment this place and will come back if I ever need to visit San Dimas again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2007

Having stayed in the area for Rose Parades in the past, I was skeptical about finding a nice place to stay. We were very pleased to find this convenient corner of San Dimas for our college visit to Asuza Pacific University. The room was spacious, the beds and pillows very comfortable, and the made-to-order breakfast extremely nice. They even offer a notebook full of in-room movies for only a dollar per view. The only problem was a tepid early morning shower on the first morning. (Second day was nice and hot.) But the next time we are in the area, I will certainly stay there again.

Stayed: January 2007