“Old School”
Review of James Restaurant

James Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 95 Restaurants in San Fernando
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I wish there was some way to rate it between average & very good. You get a lot of bang for your buck that is for sure. It is a HUGE menu with lots of different options that are all fairly cheap.

For $9 I got steak and eggs and 3 pancakes that were bigger than my head. Was it good? Sure, in a comfort food, old-style diner kind of way. Didn't knock my socks off, but MORE than filled my belly within my budget. Would rather come here than IHOP or DENNY's (both of which are right down the same road)

As far as the service goes, there was just one waitress that I could tell. The place was pretty empty when I was there and she was very involved in eating at the bar and watching a Spanish language television program on the big screen. I was fine, but I could tell a couple of other patrons were trying awfully hard to get her attention. That said, she was fine for me and I'm sure it might have been different if there were more people in the restaurant.

1  Thank rockstar89

Reviewed 7 July 2013

James is one of those places that every local northeast Valley resident knows. And when they come back, they go back. Giant fluffy pancakes, crispy waffles, and

It's run by a Greek couple, and the enormous menu celebrates many Greek ingredients that aren't typically diner fare (feta cheese in omlettes for one), and they also cater to the local clientele with salsa served with all egg and potato dishes, and serve chorizo and other more Mexican and Central American fare.

Wait staff rarely turns over, and coffee is plentiful. The place has been here 60 years, and I know I'll be taking my grandkids here some day.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

James family restaurant is a great place for people of all ages and its food is incredibly delicious. The service was great because the waitresses are very friendly. They should maybe get rid of the man on the sign though.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

Great old Restaurant good food good people, like eating with family

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook