“Our Go-To Mexican Place in San Fernando”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Abuelo Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 94 Restaurants in San Fernando
Cuisines: Mexican
SooooCal
“Our Go-To Mexican Place in San Fernando”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We've followed El Abuelo through two locations and two families of owners. I can't even begin to say how much we love the place, and how friendly the staff is, but come back a few times and soon you'll be sharing family photos and family milestones with the staff.

The food is the best Mexican food I've found in town. The sopes are great, the burritos ginormous, and specialties like EMPANADAS TLAQUEPAQUE and CARNE EN SU JUGO keep people coming back.

No alcohol, as this is one of the casualties of the old liquor ordinance, but I never miss it as they focus on the food instead of booze. Try the homemade soups or any one of the specialties.

Visited July 2013

San Fernando, California
“Good Food”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Being a master chef I decided to go with my wife Globey to eat. We ordered the Mole Pueblano which I enjoyed very much and she ordered chile verde. The chile verde had no nopales so it tasted very different than what we were use to. The taquito appetizers was amazing. We loved it very much and the ambience is very good. I can't wait to go back and eat again with my Wife Globey. Thank you. Signed Mr. Otter.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Otter288
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“pretty good mexican food.”
Reviewed 9 March 2008

pretty good mexican food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook