“Fabulous Stay!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in San Gabriel
roseville, United States
“Fabulous Stay!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I travel a lot for business, and this hotel rates high on my list. The staff was very fast and courteous at the front desk, and the hotel smelled very fresh and inviting. I will look to stay here again soon!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Heather S
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisors. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visit.
Carl Bolte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
La Crescent, MN
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We recently stayed at this Hilton for a short vacation. The hotel and room were all very good no complaints. The front desk staff were nice but very young and couldn't recommend a nice place to get a martini because they weren't old enough to drink. They didn't have any pizza recommendations either other than Pizza Hut and Dominoes. The location was kind of far from some of the attractions but doable. The neighborhood is completely Chinese. We found it difficult to talk to people working in all the businesses in the area other than the hotel because of the language barrier. It was unusual but we got by.

The pool and workout room were small but nice and always empty.

They do have the most amazing massage chairs on the 2nd floor and I mean AMAZING.
There is a small charge to use it but worth every penny and more.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MNJMoo
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. Because of our location some popular business are difficult to find. I'm glad that this would not impact you returning to the hotel. The 2nd floor chairs are great and I'm glad that you enjoyed them. I also have one in our Presidential Suite. The company that sells them is located in the Plaza that is connected to the hotel.
Berlin, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We recently stayed at the San Gabriel Hilton for six nights. We were primarily there for the horse races but being east coasters we did much of the typical tourist stuff. The hotel is a short drive from everywhere pending typical L A traffic. The staff was fantastic. They were always very friendly and helpful. The room was spotless and the breakfast and Saturday night buffet were both very good. Be aware if you want to do things around the hotel on foot you will find only Asian restaurants and markets. This was fine with us. Great food everywhere you look. The only problem we encountered was returning to the hotel on Saturday night. The hotel was hosting a large event and just getting into the parking lot was a mess. A friend just dropping us off was stuck in a line of traffic that was being charged to park for the event. It was a terrible set up

Room Tip: We stayed on 6th - top. Worked for us
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard C
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I’m glad that you pointed out the benefits of staying in our area. I do apologize for the inconveniences that occurred on Saturday night with the parking. We were caught in what I could only call a “Perfect Storm”. All of the guests were returning from the Breeders Cup and the same time that other guests were arriving for the banquet function. Also since we share the parking with the plaza next door we had to contend with the additional traffic. They all met at the same time and it was indeed overwhelming. We had a plan but it came down to the fact that we just didn’t have enough spaces available. I’m sorry to say that it looks like we will be in the same situation next year. I am looking into the possibilities of constructing addition parking spaces and I hope that this will happen. We do have a year to work on it and I’m sure that we will do a better job.
New York, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

cigarette bud found in the hallway, suggest that this hotel should not allow smoking. I was astonished when I checked in, the front desk clerk ask me whether you would like to a smoking room or non smoking room. I would think that this hotel is having a lot of guests fro China. May be this hotel need these guests but I do not think Hilton has to lower their standard. It is a shame to the Hilton chain. No smoking is allowed in the gust room and take a look around, most hotels do not have smoking guest rooms any more. I will be returning to this hotel but wish to find that there will be no more smoking guest rooms in this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Alfred L
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I understand and can appreciate your feelings about guest smoking in the hotel. This has been a constant issue that has caused much debate over time. I know of hotels that have gone to 100% non smoking but this has not solved the issue. Some guests who want to smoke will do so anyway and try as we have some guests disregard the policy. We have found that by having smoking rooms we are accommodating guest’s needs and keeping them from smoking in hallways and stairwells. We have gone to great expense to furnish our smoking rooms with air purification systems that work to eliminate much of the odor. I did notice that you were on the 3rd floor which is where our smoking rooms are located. Please let me know when you are returning and I will make sure that you are placed on a higher floor away from the smoking rooms. I’m sorry but I don’t see the smoking policy changing in the hotel in the near future.
Lancaster, California, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We chose this hotel because they accept dogs. It was just a $50 fee, which is in line with most other hotels in the area. The problem is that there is no where to walk your dog. No grass or dirt anywhere on the property or nearby. The staff did tell me about a park nearby, but it was within driving distance not walking. There are so many close trees lining the entire perimeter of the parking lot there is no flat, bare spot to let your dog use the restroom. I did finally find a small patch of dirt behind a fence, through some trees and next to the huge electrical breakers. It was just not convenient, so we checked out after our first night. The staff was friendly and the room just ok. Stain on one of the towels. Bathroom only had a shower, no tub. Overall fine hotel, just not for pet parents.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry that things didn't work out for you and your pet at the hotel. I have been wrestling around with creating a designated area somewhere on the hotel grounds. I haven't been able to find an area that I would consider safe and easy to maintain. We do have the pads at the hotel and I will work with the staff on better suggestions on where you could go. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.
San Gabriel, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was in San Gabriel for business and this hotel was a perfect location for me. The staff was helpful and friendly the food in the restaurant was great and my morning room service was timely and good. Will definitely stay here again when in San Gabriel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I happy to see that our location and services are a great fit for you. We look forward to having you back real soon.
Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My guest are Chinese and felt welcome and had their needs met in full. the area of the hotel could be in almost any country in Asia and offered a very comfortable environment for all. this hotel has smoking rooms that are very important to my guests.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a positive review on Trip Advisor. I was glad to see that your guests enjoyed their stay and that they will be returning in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Gabriel
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
#3 of 4 in Monterey Park
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
DusitD2 Hotel Constance Pasadena

Been to Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel? Share your experiences!