“Nice Place for Business Meetings”

Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in San Gabriel
Reviewed 27 July 2014

So the property itself is nothing to write home about meaning that it has no outstanding characteristics that make it unique or special. It is a decent property, clean, with comfortable beds, and friendly staff. However, their banquet and meeting services are outstanding. I've had several meetings there over the years and am always impressed with the attention and responsiveness of the staff, the quality and flavor of the food, and the cleanliness of the facility. Despite checking in after midnight, the desk clerk was overwhelmed and I had to wait nearly 15 minutes to get my room key. She seemed not to have anyone else to help her.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Thank C. Andrew C
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the delay with your check in. Sometimes it's hard to gauge with staffing levels exactly when guests are going to arrive at the hotel. Based on your comment we are taking another look at our scheduling. Our plan is to adjust the night shift so we will have more than one front desk agent on duty after 11:30pm.
I was happy to read that you were satisfied with the services in our meeting department.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed for one night while in the area on business. The rate wasn't exactly cheap but there aren't many nonbudget choices in the area and the TripAdvisor reviews were good.

Arrival couldn't have been easier. There's plenty of parking underground (the sign says $5 per night but they didn't charge me), and take the elevator up to the lobby. The receptionist was very friendly and when he noticed my room rate, he gave me a voucher for buffet breakfast. He was nice enough to send a bellman with a parking permit to put on the windshield of my car so I didn't have to go back down.

On the way up to my room I saw the pool, which is set in sort of an internal atrium surrounded by walls of room windows. It looked a little out of place but the pool was a good size. The guest room itself was nothing special--a bit worn but still clean and well maintained. The bathroom had a separate shower and bathtub. It didn't overlook any roads and was very quiet.

The buffet breakfast had hot and cold items, including some Chinese selections. There was an omelet station but oddly no chef manning it during the time I was there, a few food items ran out and were never replaced. It was 8:30 am so I would have thought the kitchen would be more on the ball. The buffet is normally $19. There was almost no one in the restaurant which makes me think most people choose cheaper options from the many restaurants within walking distance.

All in all, it was a fine stay and I would come back when in the area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jack783

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for your experience at our breakfast buffet. In the past we have received favorable comments about the food and service but I have discussed this lapse of service with my Chef and his staff.
Also we will start remodeling all of our Guest Rooms at the end of September. It looks like the renovation will be completed by the end of November.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

If you are visiting San Gabriel, this is the place to stay. Prices are reasonable, and you cannot beat the combination of location, cleanliness, and service. It's $5 for self-parking per night. There's a 99 Ranch across the street. I'd say there are no less than 30 restaurants within 10 minute walking distance of this place. Highly recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chin N

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel and our surrounding area. We hope to see you back at the hotel real soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is our 4th stay, I noticed the staff friendliness has improved a lot, all greeted us nicely, in the hallway, in the garage and lobby. Front desk staff were nice and helpful, much changed, front desk staff used to be very cold, rude and indifferent. Made our stay pleasant.

Easy access to freeway which we used daily. Plenty of covered free parking. Free strong wifi. A dozen restaurants in the connected mall, plus 100 within blocks. Small gym is good and clean, TV on most equipment. Pool is Spartan but good, as well as spa.

Hotel is clean. 3 bottles of water daily. We stayed 6 nights, staff changed shampoo, soaps and towels daily, which was wasteful.

Good value and pleasant 6 days stay, as all previous visits, all business trips.

Room Tip: We have stayed in varies locations with or without view, no difference. To us, closer to elevator i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. It was great to read that you had stayed at the property on your previous trips to the area. We do offer free WiFi and complimentary bottles of water. I have found that these two items are important to our hotel guest so we don't charge extra for them. I noticed your comment about the soap and shampoo. Last summer we received some comments from guests that these items were not replenished often enough. I reviewed this with staff and we found that during this time of the year more guests occupy the rooms than in the winter months. We decided to be more aggressive with this service this year. I don't have the same complaints as last year but I can see how this would be considered wasteful to some guests. In this case I have tried to error on the side of service.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Very dirty accommodations. Filthy chair/ottoman in room, same trash in hallway for 3 days, overflowing ashtrays on porch at lobby doorway, mildewed shower curtains. Noisy hallways. Noisy employees. Paid $400 for 2 night stay. Not worth it, wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Belinda Y
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Belinda Yeo,
I apologize for your experience at my hotel. I will review your comments with our housekeeping department so that we can find our why we failed to maintain these area. I appreciate you taking the time to bring this to my attention and I will make sure that I am doing a better job of doing my inspections.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Talk about luxury! Once you walk in you cant help but notice the super nice decor in the lobby as if you just walked into a celebrity's home. Staff were very friendly and helpful, we ran into a situation but they handled it very professionally and quickly. Our room was very clean and spotless, bathroom was pretty big. We stayed in this area because it was a nice neighborhood, felt safe at night especially having my 2 kids along. This place was about 30 minutes to all the theme parks we visited (disneyland, california adventure, universal studios, 45 minutes to get to six flags though). If you crave some good chinese food, right across the street theres like a little shopping plaza that has quite a few dim sum restaurants. Craving korean BBQ?? Its literally about 25 minutes away from koreatown! Swimming pool was newly renovated and I'm glad my family got to relax and enjoy the pool on our last few days left in LA. I look forward to staying here again on our next trip!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for your very kind words on Trip Advisor. It was great to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the different ethnic restaurants that are located in our area. You will be happy to know that we have completed the renovations on the building and the pool area. This September we will start remodeling all of our guest rooms. We hope to have this completed by the middle of November. Hopefully you can return to see our new rooms.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This Hotel locate accross street of huge Chinese Supermarket, endless great tast of Chinese food, 90%+ Chinese population near-by, possible the best hotel in this area, with Chinese + Western breakfast, good for every purpose, business or family vaction and tour stop. Top choice for Asian who travel to Los Angeles.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Yes, we are located in highly populated Chinese community that has many benefits if this is the area you are looking for. I was glad to read that you were happy with our services and the location. We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Gabriel
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
#3 of 4 in Monterey Park

Been to Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel? Share your experiences!