“Great location, great service!”

Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in San Gabriel
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I just stayed at this hotel for three nights the past weekend. With an early morning cross-country flight from the east coast, I made it to the hotel around 12 noon local time. I was greeted by Tasha at the front desk, and after a short wait, I was checked-in with a room in the preferred direction that I chose (mountain view side, facing east, less heat in the afternoon when you rest in your room). As a Hilton gold member, I received complimentary breakfast buffet every morning. The buffet is excellent, with a variety of both American and Chinese items.... The location is great. I attended a concert at the Dodgers Stadium and I was able to make the drive both ways within 30 minutes.... And obviously if you love Chinese/Asian restaurants, there are more choices within a two-mile rectangle block that you have slots to fill on a weekend or vacation stay.... I've been staying at this hotel every time I visit LA/San Gabriel area the past few years and I had great experience every time.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing west as it can be very hot in the afternoon with direct sun into your room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul W
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was glad to see that you enjoyed the hotel and our breakfast buffet. Also I was happy to see your comments on Tasha. See is one of our summer interns and we hope that she will eventully join our staff.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The reason why I chose this hotel because its a walking distance to variety restaurant. The only thing I am very disappointed was they didn't offer complimentary breakfast. They charge $15.99 all you can eat breakfast and it was not impressing at all. The buffet they offered are not worth $15.99. Other then that, everything is Excellent

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jenny M

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was sorry to read that you did not enjoy our breakfast buffet. There are diffent ways that the breakfast can be included with your room rate. When you book your reservations look for the Bed and Breakfast promotions that we offer. Also Hilton HHonors Gold and Diamond members receive a complimentary breakfast. We do have an extensive buffet that offers both American and Chinese items as well as fresh fruit (sliced and whole), 3 types of yogurt, fresh baked muffins and croissants,soy milk, 2% milk,fresh squeezed juice,bacon, eggs, waffles, bisquits/gravy,hard boiled eggs, a salad bar with lox and assorted deli meats, cereal, pancakes, made to order omeletes with a variety of toppings, chinese dumplings, Bao, steelcut oatmeal, Congee, and noodles. We also rotate in some additional seasonal items. If there are any other items that you would like to see please let us know and we will try to have them available for you.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

excellent facilities ,good sized rooms , comfortable beds , and complimentary tea service some afternoons!!! Hotel is in a primarily asian neighborhood , good restaurants walking distance and shopping across the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was glad to read that you enjoyed the area surrounding the hotel and were able to take advantage of it. We do have complimentary tea service in the Trinity Restaurant on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and it has become very popular. We look forward to having you back at the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is my 2nd times in this hotel. the 1st time was great! Because it was new. This time is OK . Good front desk help but the liner need let guest feel fresh clean ( I couldn't tell they are clean or not, feel like someone use it before.)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria S

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I appreciated seeing that was your 2nd time at the hotel. I saw that you did stay with us when the hotel was originally opened which was 10 years ago. You will be happy to know that we will be renovating our rooms starting in September and it should be completed by the middle of November. I apologize for the condition of the linens and I appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

It is a clean hotel with a good location, especially for Chinese people. Across the street you will find a lot of Chinese restaurants. If you like Chinese food, it will be a good choice. Parking is free. Disneyland is about 35 mins far by car. Staff can speak Chinese.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank norammwfbb
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel and our surrounding area. We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

stayed here on a business trip and was impressed. It wasn't the 4 star accommodation nor the service, it was location location location.....If you are Chinese, looking for a hotel in the San Gabriel area, this is it! You are literately surrounded by Asian malls and restaurants, not to mention $15 foot massages. Hotel ground wasn't impressive, I would give it a 3 star for this Hilton property. However, the breakfast was by far 1 of the best I've had. Besides the traditional American buffet style, they even had congee, dumplings, soy mike and other Chinese style options, truly impressed. Last but not least, I was greeted by (Shully) believe that is her name at the front counter, she was both friendly and helpful, good way to start the stay. Hilton management, please promote her if you are reading this.................

1  Thank Tony L

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was glad to read that you were shocked in a good way. Somtimes our location does catch guests by surprise. We are located in a highly populated Chinese section of San Gabriel. We do have many conveniences to offer guests in our surrounding area and I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of them. Thank you also for mentioning Shelly for her efforts.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

So the property itself is nothing to write home about meaning that it has no outstanding characteristics that make it unique or special. It is a decent property, clean, with comfortable beds, and friendly staff. However, their banquet and meeting services are outstanding. I've had several meetings there over the years and am always impressed with the attention and responsiveness of the staff, the quality and flavor of the food, and the cleanliness of the facility. Despite checking in after midnight, the desk clerk was overwhelmed and I had to wait nearly 15 minutes to get my room key. She seemed not to have anyone else to help her.

Thank C. Andrew C

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the delay with your check in. Sometimes it's hard to gauge with staffing levels exactly when guests are going to arrive at the hotel. Based on your comment we are taking another look at our scheduling. Our plan is to adjust the night shift so we will have more than one front desk agent on duty after 11:30pm.
I was happy to read that you were satisfied with the services in our meeting department.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Gabriel
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 12 in Rosemead

Been to Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel? Share your experiences!