“Excellent Food”
Review of The Good Egg

The Good Egg
Ranked #11 of 61 Restaurants in San Jacinto
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were traveling through and decided to stop here for breakfast after our Hot Air Balloon Ride. The food was fresh and tasty. We had Huevos Rancheros, Pecan Waffles, French Toast and Strawberry Pancakes.

I went with my young teens who are very picky. We all really enjoyed the food. My waffles came with eggs. I asked for them cooked well. I don't like runny eggs and they were perfect! The strawberries were fresh and sweet too.

The service was okay. After bringing the waters to our table I told the waitress we were ready to order. She said she had 1 other table in front of us. She disappeared for about 10 minutes. They did keep the coffee and waters filled but others helped do that. The price is about what you'd expect---reasonable.

I highly recommend this little restaurant!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We didn't have a terrible meal or poor service but, with that noted, we won't be going back. The front dining room was rundown, mismatched and tacky decor was dirty and cluttered. There was a filthy fish tank right by the front door that smelled. This is a large building and the bathrooms are in the back, behind the kitchen. The sewer smell was intense as I walked back through a second dining room to use the facilities. I ordered a pecan Belgian waffle. One. Eggs were extra, as would have been anything else if I wanted it. My two scrambled eggs were also overlooked and dry. The single waffle was over $6.00 and had whole pecans baked in the batter that made bites difficult. My husband ordered a vegetarian dish and, after being told it would only have eggs, bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions it came piled high with zucchini and broccoli. He sent it back and it took 12 minutes for a new dish. We like to eat locally, but in this instance I'd suggest a chain diner will offer better value and quality.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

The restaurant seemed average from the outside, but having seen lots of folks going in every day, I decided to attend for breakfast, my favourite food group! It is my ruler for quality of a food places. I ordered French toast that came with bacon and eggs, a fairly typical meal. Not expecting much, the food arrived and looked good. The french toast was thick and wonderful, with syrup AND the icing sugar in side containers - what a great idea! I kept tossing on more white stuff while ignoring the syrup! The eggs were done to perfection and the bacon was thick, meaty and crispy. Mmmmmm. Overall, an unassuming but fantastic breakfast. I was pleasantly ful and totally happy!

Reviewed 9 August 2011

Now called the Good Egg. New owner and cooks. Went there 3 times. Very consistent. The food was way too salty and did not taste very good.

1  Thank m_chevy
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Redlands, California
Reviewed 29 February 2008

Great for cheap breakfast. The classic greasy dinner.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook