All reviews usb ports microwave and fridge convention center coffee maker comfortable bed sj downtown sleep cons amenities pros
Reviewed 30 August 2018

We had stayed in San Jose the week before and wanted a second place away from McEnery Convention Center, so we chose this hotel online. When we first came in, the outdoor ambiance of the building put me off a little, but I decided to wait and see. Am I glad we did! The room the host showed us was huge, recently and beautifully renovated, and everything we needed. Only lack was the missing tissue box in the suite. Do NOT let the tiny, overdecorated reception room/office put you off; if you do, you'll miss a great, restful room in a good location.

Room tip: We had a ground floor corner room, which was just about perfect. Nice and quiet.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2018

I recently attended a conference at the nearby US Patent Office and stayed at the Convention Center Inn. Check in was easy and pleasant and the room was quite good. There was a good size mini-fridge and a really comfortable bed. The room was very clean (I am soooo appreciative of hotels that really care about that), although there was a bit strong smell from (I think) the carpet cleaner. It wasn't terrible or a particularly bad smell, just there when you wish it wasn't.
Although I had no problems with the hotel, the location was a double edged sword: near enough to the places you want to visit, and yet, very, very, very sketchy.

Sorry to rant, but the civic leaders of San Jose are asleep at the wheel! I am a very compassionate person, but no one wins when mentally ill homeless people roam the streets terrorizing the public. Walking each day of my stay was like running the gauntlet. On my first morning, I had one homeless man follow me for a bit screaming that he was going to "claw and tear" my eyes out. On that same walk, another man had his pants around his ankles (and yes, his "junk" was hanging out!) screaming his head off about this and that. Every day was similar. Although there are some cute restaurants and charming buildings, abandoned store fronts are very common. You really feel that the city has been just taken over by mentally unstable people. I wasn't able to go out after dark (traveling solo)- that fact and the very apparent neglect of the city made me very angry. Just letting sick people who need help roam like wildlife is not the answer. I only hope that if (God forbid...) I find myself in a similar mental state that the city I live in won't view me like the White-Tailed Deer and let me roam and terrorize people. Thanks for reading/listening

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed there to go to a conference, they have very large and renovated rooms, nice shower and great service. If don’t want to spend a lot and have a nice room this is the place to stay. Little walking distance to the conference center.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2018

I was looking for a budget place to stay while attending a Convention at the San Jose McEnery Convention center.

This was budget priced, but more than a bargain -- the Convention Center Inn and Suites was a superb choice for the quality of my stay there and a superb choice for my pocket.

Everything seems totally new & renovated. Spaceous, confortable, new fixtures, quiet.

The management were a pleasure. While waiting for transportation at the end of my stay, the manager brought out a cup of cold water for me. An excellent touch, and totally in keeping with the quality of my stay.

I go to this Convention every year. I will definitely stay here in future years. It is just a half-mile to the Convention Center through Jacaranda lined streets.

Room tip: All the rooms seem to be newly renovated.
Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Was in San Jose for a meeting and stayed at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. BUT,the best part was the bed- super comfy and I slept GREAT. Great location close to many restaurants and stores and very close to the convention center.

Front Desk staff were very friendly and helpful, free parking on site and a very fair price for downtown SJ.

If you need a good deal on a good room in downtown San Jose I don't think you can do much better.

Date of stay: April 2018