“Worst stay ever”

Americas Best Value Inn- San Jose Convention Center
Ranked #42 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We were on a 5 day business trip to this hotel. Our employer made our reservation. The bed was the worst bed. The mattress was so soft it felt like you were falling to the floor. When we asked about it they said they had complaints all the time about it and were in the process of getting new ones. We had to spend $100 on an air mattress and pillows so we could get some sleep, Our necks and backs were so stiff and sore from the bed. The shower was not working properly. You could only get a drizzle of water out of it and the faucet to turn the water on was barely attached. We asked them to fix it they said they would. This was the first night we were there and they said they would fix it. Then, they said they had to order the part and then they would fix it. The day before we checked out they went to Home Depot, bought the part and fixed it.. This was the worst stay we have ever had.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Kishor P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- San Jose Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Thank You for taking the time to give us your feedback On behalf of the entire team , I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Our hotel staff had offered to move you to another room that would be satisfactory but you did not want to move. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Really sub -par place. My daughter and I arrived at 9:00 p.m. on a guaranteed late arrival reservation and they had given away our room. We also had called two times to confirm changes and were told by the owners both times that we were confirmed. When we got there they both denied ever speaking with us, although they are the only ones who work there. We had no where to stay and they did not even offer to try and help us find another hotel. We didn't see the rooms but judging from the condition of the closet sized "lobby" and the outside, the place does not look clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Kishor P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- San Jose Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank You for taking the time to give us your feedback. On behalf of the entire team , I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding regarding your reservation. Your reservation via booking.com was for a single bed and you indicated that you called to change it for two beds. Unfortunately we were unable to accommodate your request. We had offered you a single room with a sofa bed that you did want. You then cancelled you booking and did not stay with us. Once again sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you and I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

its on the wrong side of town, i had to pass the working girls on my way to the hotel. there was a bug in my bathroom thursday nite. but it was good enough i guess. i dont think i will be back. i couldnt find the breakfast or pool

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Kishor P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- San Jose Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank You for taking the time to give us your feedback. On behalf of the entire team , I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using your feedback to implement improvements to ensure great experience for guests in the future.I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed here a couple of weeks with my family. This is a good deal especially near downtown San Jose, where everything is really expensive. It's clean and reasonable, the staff is very nice. Much classier than alot of places around there.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles M

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We work hard to provide you with the best possible lodging experience for the most reasonable rates and we appreciate hearing that you were happy with our accommodations.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for the last 6 months 5 days a week for my out-of-town job. I tried a couple others in the area and this one beat them all in price and quality. It is clean and even smells clean here. The owners are friendly and accomodating. They have been very good to me. They even upgraded to flat screen TV's. I just needed an afforadable clean place to sleep and I am really glad that I found this place. I will continue to come here whenever I am working in San Jose.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Isaac S
Kishor P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- San Jose Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us your feedback. Our staff works hard to provide you with the best possible lodging experience at the most reasonable rates . We appreciate hearing that you were happy with our accommodations. We will look forward to serving your future hospitality needs

Reviewed 11 February 2013

This was my first time on this property. A basic accommodation (nothing fancy) within walking distance of restaurant, especially with . Free parking. Free breakfast. Very reasonable rent. Also there is a swimming pool, hot tub on the property but we passed that in favor of spending more time. Unlike the usual experience here the affordable accommodation came with excellent service, functional amenities and cleanliness.

Room Tip: rooms quiet to sleep
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Elza G
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I spend 10 times a month at san jose city, and this the best place to stain. I love the rooms are so clean, personal so friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Miguel N

Thank you for taking time and posting a review regarding your recent stay with us, Our staff works very hard to make each guest feel comfortable. We will look forward to serving your future hospitality needs.