“Group Dinner”

Ranked #662 of 2,215 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Great menu options for dinner. Portions were large and the food was delicious. We got pretty good service and it was a short cab ride from our hotel. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Met some friends there for dinner the other night. Everything was delicious. The entrees at the table were shirt steak, cornish hen, seafood pasta and chicken. We had the meyer lemon cake to share...excellent. Wine list a bit high. Service was good. Negative was decaf coffee...I think it was sitting for sometime and they used that to make a latte. Would recommend and return if in SJ.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

They have a nice selection of wines by the glass, as well as tasting flights. The steak satay is really good, as was the caesar salad.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

This place has great food and wine in a casual setting. The music waffing out of the speakers was classic Billy Holiday! How great is that? The food was delicious and the wine perfect. Located in Downtown San Jose, just off Santa Clara Street, it is a close the HP Pavilion.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Living in Daly City, I normally would not drive all the way to San Jose for lunch. However, my son was working for the Sap Open and wanted me to come up to meet a friend who was in town and chose the San Pedro Bistro, based on Yelp reviews. It was well worth the hour commute each way and getting there was very easy from Daly City. I will definitely go back!

As we entered, the smell of garlic permeated the air. "I'm having whatever created that fabulous fragance,",I told the hostess. She said many of the dishes had garlic but it was probably the garlic fries, the filet mignon steak cubes or the Cornish hen.

Making a choice was a problem, indeed, as their extensive menu of starters, salads, sandwiches and plates is varied and most tempting. The wine list, always important to me, was excellent and many good wines, reasonably priced were available by the glass. Sadly, since I had an hour's drive ahead of me, I had to limit myself to only one glass of the Argentinian malbec I chose.

I had the filet mignon steak cubes, rare, which were done to perfection. They were accompanied by the best garlic fries I've ever eaten and I enjoyed the watercress salad. Arugula is my favorite but watercress is a close second.

My son chose the 8 oz. Angus beef burger. I think he dislocated his jaw trying to get his mouth around it. He said it was delicious.

Our friend had the seared ahi tuna salad. I snagged a piece of that and it was just perfect as well.

We were too full for dessert though we looked longingly at the Cornish hen whenever it passed the table. It looked so good with its golden yellow skin and the fragrance was so tantalizing.

Service was good and, surprisingly, though we went at noon, the fairly small restaurant wasn't crowded ( it was Wednesday, though ). We would have enjoyed eating outside on the patio but it was a little too cool. There is metered stree parking and a paid parking lot next to the restaurant.