“Excellent dinner theater and comedy club”
Review of San Jose Improv

San Jose Improv
Fremont, California
3,519 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,767 helpful votes
“Excellent dinner theater and comedy club”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We went to San Jose Improv to see Fluffy (Gabriel Iglesias). The show was very funny - two other comedians performed before Gabriel.

There is a nice comedy club menu. I had a good blue cheese burger; my husband had a good steak sandwich. Wide Variety of drinks - we had 2 anchor steam beers. If you go for a meal, there are tables. If you go to see the show only, they have chairs.

Excellent theater - there is parking nearby about a block away. They bring in a wide variety of comedians so if interested in going check out their schedule on who is playing.

All in all, it is one of the better comedy clubs in the entire San Francisco Bay area.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank mini

Newark, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“It was really fun. A great night out!”
Reviewed 15 October 2011

It was really fun. A great night out! I enjoyed the atmosphere and the fact that it was not very expensive. I went there with my brother who lives in the area. We both enjoyed the night out and we did not have to travel very far to have a good time. I would recommend it.

Visited August 2011
San Jose, California
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Super funny - food OK”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My husband took me for my birthday and we really enjoyed ourselves. We went to the early show (let us in at 5:30p) because they serve an expanded menu beyond burgers and appetizers they normally serve at the late show. It's an old vintage theatre that my husband used to watch movies when he was a kid. Very nice layout so anywhere you sit you can get a great view of the stage.

The comedians were HILARIOUS! This is our second time and they were funny then too. This is definitely a fun night for a date or with friends. Be careful about taking the tables right next to the stage. They will pick on you...super funny ! Try it out for sure!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank GFInow
San Jose, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Skip this place! Weird jokes...”
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Went to the show tonight with a few other friends. The food and service is very good, except the food comes in very small portions. We had the spicy chicken wings and there were less than nine or ten wings on the whole plate! The server was good and the drinks are good. Good calamari. There can be a few laughs here and there, but unfortunately many of the topics covered were desperate and pathetic. These comedians tended to focus on topics that should not be joked about, including violent/sexual acts with children! Several of the performers drank beer while on stage, which looked lame. One of the performers talked about being high and he seemed to have gotten high right before the show, since he could barely utter a sentence. There are a lot of jokes that focus on race, and often come off as being mean. One performer talked about handicapped gang members, which at first just seemed weird and then it just became an odd mixture of topics (Are to laugh at the gang member being in a wheelchair?) One act that talked about his experience with a donkey while in the Grand Canyon was funny, but other than that one act, this was not worth going to. If I saw this on television, I would have changed the channel. We left before the show ended.

4 Thank wts12
San Jose, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Never waste your money to go here!”
Reviewed 25 March 2010

The "comedians" were mostly drunk and so far away from being funny, it was pathetic.
The last "comedian" was not only wasted drunk, but high too. Nothing like hearing drug & pukeing jokes from a guy that can hardly stand straight - and very bad jokes on top of it. I wasn't expecting top notch 'professionals', but geesh, did they have to get the homeless guy from the corner to talk? At least get funny homeless guys.....worst night ever!

3 Thank zkiwi
HollywoodImprov, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Improv, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
We're sorry you were unhappy with the performance you saw at our club. We host a lot of comedians with varied types of humor. We hope you will visit us on Facebook or sign up for our email list to find out about upcoming performers that you'll enjoy more!