“Ok...but a long way from N'orleans!”
Review of Roux Louisiana Kitchen - CLOSED

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Winchester
Transit: VTA Rte 23 VTA Rte 60
“Ok...but a long way from N'orleans!”
Reviewed 15 December 2011

What more can you say about Santana Row? Its an incredible visual experience that almost accounts for mediocre food. I have to say that this was that for me.

The food was just ok...not much more to say about it. The menu led me to believe I was going to have a pretty close to legit Louisiana experience. Rather, it was a notch above Black Eye Pea and not horribly unique. The service was not that great and maybe that could have been a deal changer.

Next time...I might just go to Maggiano's next door ;-).

• Visited December 2011

Santa Clara, California
“Decent Experience and food...”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Been to Roux multiple times.. with family, with wife and as well with friends...always a good experience when it comes to food quality and also good variety in cocktails...
Alligator Tail, Fried Tomatoes and Okra are highly recommended. Fried Calamari is also OK, but had better ones at other restaurants in the Bay area.
In my opinion, portion size is good...with good appetite you should be able to complete it :) . Jambalaya is GOOD as well I loved the blackened catfish. One thing I did not like much was the BBQ dishes added ( specially BBQ chicken).
On Fridays it has a live band playing, surely it creates a good ambiance for a fantastic experience...

• Visited September 2011
Katy, Texas
“Food; awesome, service; terrible”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

The food was very good, but the overall experience was not all that great since the service was so terrible. When I have to ask for drink refills that never show up, you've got a problem. The waitress walked by numerous times and looked in our general direction, but never came over to get us refills even on water. When she finally came back to check on our food she asked if we wanted refills on our iced tea. I said yes and some water. She then returned with the iced tea. And I never did get the water. It's not like I was asking for gold and it's not like the restaurant was all that busy for that kind of treatment. We then waited over 15 minutes for her to come and check on us again when we were done. I finally had to go and talk to the hostess to get boxes for our leftovers and the check and was told my waitress would bring them. Another 5 minutes later she comes over and asks if we need boxes. Good grief! I will most likely never go back there just because of the service, but the food was good. If you are itching for some cajun/creole cuisine go for it, but be prepared the staff is awful.

• Visited September 2011
“Great food great music”
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Went here for a pre valentines dinner. The decor is gorgeous and I loved the couches in the bar area. The bbq shrimp and cheese grits are heaven on earth! Blackened catfish is juicy and flavorful. Cornbread is fantastic. Do not get crab cakes, you pay $15 for two tiny cakes and a huge mound of lettuce, tasty but a rip off.

Exeter, CA
“Roux - good, but not real Louisiana food!”
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We were going to this specific area and decided on Roux. We we immediately welcomed and seated - the service was great. The server brought corn cakes immediately - they were a bit bland. I had a crab - cobb salad - which could have used more crab and more lettuce, but otherwise tasted good. My husband had the fried chicken special - they asked if he wanted chicken on the bone or strips. He ordered it on the bone with cajun fries. He received 2 pieces on the bone and one strip. The on the bone pieces were greasy - the strip was better. The seasoning on the fries was good, but the fries were mushy - like they had sat for a while. Perhaps lunch isn't their forte. We would give it a second chance. The table next to us ordered po'boys and they looked delicious!