“Chicago Style Pizza” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #579 of 2,143 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fresno, California, Usa
“Chicago Style Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I typically prefer a thin crust pizza, but this Chicago style was very good. The crust was light and not over sauced. Lot's of specialty pizzas to choose from or make up your own from a large selection of toppings. They have a good selection of beers as well. We had very good service on a busy night, but be prepared to wait for a table and for your pizza. A little pricey compared to what I am used to, but hey, you are in downtown San Jose.

• Visited November 2013

Davis, CA
“Nice variety, thick pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I ordered a cheese pizza, lasagna (came with a garden salad), Chicago Dog (came with fries), and a slice of cheesecake. The website showed thin crust pizza and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was actually thick crust. The pizza was light instead of heavy with grease. The lasagna was very good; a sweet sauce. My son liked the Chicago Dog. The salad was a simple garden salad; no problems there. The website advertised chocolate cake and cheesecake but when we called we found they no longer carry chocolate cake. I felt the cheesecake was expensive at almost $6 a slice but it was good. We were in a hotel about 3 miles away, called at about 7 pm on a Sunday, and were told 45 minutes to an hour delivery time. It got here in about 45 minutes. I would order from there again.

Visited May 2013
Bengaluru, India
“Chacolate Cookie with Ice creat - Can not resist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

This place has a fanatastic ambience and offers Pizza. But more than Pizza, I ate for the first time "Chacolate Cookies with ice cream" I should have skipped Pizza and gone straight to the dessert. This is really awesome!. Nice place to spend time with your loved ones.
Never never miss this dessert.

• Visited July 2012
Tampa, Fl
“Good pizza - not Chicago, but still good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I was in the mood for some good pizza, this place was a short walk from the Fairmont, so i thought I'd give it a try. I ordered a deep dish with a blend of about 5 different cheeses. It took about 25 minutes to get my pizza, not unusual for deep dish, but I should have known better and called ahead. When the waitress cut my first piece, and I saw the cheese dripping down the sides of the serving utensil, I knew I made the right choice. The pizza was really good. It was a far cry from the Chicago pizzas that I love Gino's East, Gordano's, Uno's. The crust tasted very different. I would actually compare it to Pizza Hut's pan pizza. The ingredients tasted fresher though. The service was pretty lame, which seemed strange since they weren't that busy. If you want a good deep dish pizza in San Jose, I don't think you will be disappointed with Pizz'a Chicago.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, Arizona
“Waited For 10 Minutes & Walked Out”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

A co-worker & I were looking forward to a Chicago style pizza at the end of a long day of training, but promptly walked out after we had been seated for over ten minutes & nobody even walked over to take our drink order.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Tom S

Been to Pizz'a Chicago? Share your experiences!