“The worst hotel EVER!!”
Review of Valley Inn

Valley Inn
Ranked #49 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I would not recomend this cheap hotel to anybody!!! keep looking around..rooms are dated,burn marks on bedding,very dirty dusty bathroom,dirty white towels,broken down furniture.... overall a bad hotel to go!! dont waist your money here..i rate this hotel a big fat f..

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank malcom r

Reviewed 1 October 2012

This is the place you want to stay!!! Safe quite and conveinyent to the highway, Amtrak, And all my shopping needs. The rooms have shower hot tub combination. Dish T. V. And on the Main metro route. I will stay at Valley Inn,Whenever I'm in San Jose Calif. The price is fair. The management very helpful. This summer my travels took me from Daytona beach Florida to San Jose California and the Valley Inn was the most acomidateing.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Service is excellent and the manager is anxious to please. He made me a pot of coffee at 6:30pm without even being asked. rooms are clean and well appointed with a fridge and microwave and sooo many cable channels. Air conditioning works well and is very quiet. We were able to bring our dog without any extra charge as well. We are very happy with our accomodations and I can`t imagine why anyone would have anything to complain about. I would definitely recommend Valley Inn to anyone looking for a clean, inexpensive hotel room.

Room Tip: All rooms appear about the same. very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott J
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The Valley Inn may not be the Marriott or the Hilton in appearance but it has been exactly what I've wanted for my solo travel stays in San Jose on two occasions (and I am planning another stay here in September). The mattresses in both rooms on both stays were excellent, not too hard, not too soft, and seemed new. There was a microwave and a refrigerator in the rooms on both occasions. It's important to me that I be able to open the windows, which one can here to let in the fresh air. I found the management to be helpful and approachable. I loved the privacy and felt safe (I'm a single woman traveling alone). One can hear the traffic on the Alameda but the walls are sturdy and it's not disturbing. I've never slept so well in a motel! The Valley Inn reminds me of my childhood trips with my parents and it retains some of that old fashioned roughness. Don't expect amenities and the fancy stuff. But for those who just want a comfortable, quiet, safe and private place to stay, I totally recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a nonsmoking room away from the smoking rooms, if you don't smoke. Sometimes the smoke f...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Folks, the family owned Valley Inn, is the foremost Hotel, for Business men, contractors, families, and with the Jacuzzi suite, amorous couples.
The interior is semi spacious, utterly spotless, impeccably well appointed, in terms of amenities, for price. 5 Hbo channels, and a plethora of other premium channels. A built in guide allows you to simultaneously surf channel programming while watching, and set Reminders.
Good microfridges, ice machine and microwaves.
Wonderfully clean tubs with consistent hot water and avante garde hygiene products.
No Drugs or jaded activity, makes this, hands down, the best of San Jose.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 17 October 2007

Our stay was so unsatisfactory that we left in the middle of the night. The mattress was so broken down it felt like a 600 lbs. man had been sleeping in the same spot for over a year and had left a permanent hole for future patrons to sink into. Three days later we're still having back problems from a terrible mattress and a terrible nights sleep (or lack thereof).
On check-in we asked which rooms were available because we didn't want to get the room next to our uncle. His snoring sounds like a chainsaw and is perfectly audible, usually through at least 2 walls. Management told us that the 3 rooms to the right of his were available, so we took the furthest from his room.
Several of the other rooms in the hotel were occupied by family who told us that management replaced the mattress in our room and a few of the other rooms the next morning.
When we contacted management by phone they refused to even give us a partial refund or discounted stay for next time. They said that they did not replace any mattresses in the hotel and that ours was the only room available that night.
Although we requested a refund, a simple apology would have brought us back to the hotel because of its convenient location, however, the outright lies given to us over the phone only compounded our frustration. We will never be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 22 February 2007

We stayed 2 nights @ the Valley Inn in July 2006, we were there for Moto GP and flew in and out of San Jose. I found this place on Hotels.com and contacted them directly to book. Price was fair, property was horrible! We arrived really late @ night, got lost, the owners who live on sight we asleep and were not answering the phone, we stood outside trying to wake them up for 45 minutes before we were able to check. (just to clarify I did let the owner know we would be arriving late in the evening)

Once checked in we went to the room and we were disgusted. The room was hot, and I mean hot, muggy, & smelledof mildew. The sheets were mismatched and stained, the carpet was dark green with stains and bald spots throughout. The bathroomhad 2 towels (there was 3 of us) and the towels we the size of wash cloths. Shower had no water pressure, no tollietries were provided in the room. Air conditioner was at the same height as the bed closest to it, so when we had it on to try and cool the room, the person in that bed would freeze because the air was blowing right on them!

All in all, hated it, also it was in a bad area, close to the airport, yes, but kind of scary neighborhood. My advice, look somewhere else, don't be cheap, pay a little more for a better product.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank AshleeB