“Nice stay while on Extended Stay”

Extended Stay America - San Jose - Airport
Ranked #61 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I was here for 2 months from starting May to first week of July. It was a very pleasant and smooth stay and didn't had any problems or complaints from the hotel staff or any other thing.
My room was nice and had all the basic needs one has in his/her room. Room service was done weekly and in a proper manner. The television in the room had Indian channel broadcasted also. I was also pick up and drop service to my office.
The view of swimming pool from the window of my room was wonderful.

Some things that didn't like or which needs hotel administration to have a look are :
Bathroom was not very good and not properly designed but then also no issues with that of any kind.
They served breakfast but the menu was repeated almost every 2 days. So it becomes boring to eat same thing every day.

Saurabh Rupainwar

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind comments about your room, our staff and all of the amenities we had to offer. Still, we apologize that you were not satisfied with the bathroom layout & breakfast menu. Please know, we will keep your thoughts in mind as we continue to make improvements to our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at SJD@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We loved how modern and clean the room was, like staying in an upscale studio apartment. Loved the large walk-through bathroom and the small kitchen was a great bonus.

Cons:
$100 incidental fee charged to our credit card upon arrival and then reversed once you had checked out. Never had this happen before; hotels always have your credit card and only charge it IF you have incidentals. Because we live in Canada this still ended up costing us money after the exchange rate so we were not pleased once we received the refund and it ended up costing us $1. Nothing large of course but still a charge for nothing?

Breakfast was not very good, not a good enough selection.

Check in was slow and labourious, front staff was not very inviting nor were they very knowledgeable.

Walls were paper thin so you could hear the tv in the next suite and people talking.

Did not use the pool eventhough it was warm as there were leaves floating all in it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Reserved a room there for a week. The worst experience I ever had.

In the first night, there were ants in the bed. I thought they may go away and slept anyways. The problem persisted the second day and I complained to the front desk. They moved me to another room. The problem is: the new room was not a full room. No TV, no chairs, no seat cushions, no ironing board, no trash bin, no nothing. I told the front desk that I want to be moved to a full room. They told me there were no other rooms available and I will be moved the next day. It never happened! Every day I told them that I want to move to a full room and they said they will move me the next day. I wanted to talk to the manager, Tommy, but he did not talk to me. Every day, I would find that something is missing in the room (such as the trash bin) and tell the front desk. They would come in and bring it. This happened every day! I did not even unpack because they told me that they will move me to another room. The management has absolutely no respect to the customers. I am so angry with the management that this is the first time I am writing a review online. I also filed a complaint to the hotel headquarters.

Apart from this experience, my door key did not open the door 2 times and I had to go to the front desk. The breakfast consists of scrambled eggs and muffins only. The 'exercise room' has two treadmills only. I do not know about other Extended Stay America hotels, but this one absolutely sucks.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have ants. Ask for higher floors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Akansel C
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I live in San Jose but decided to stay at a hotel for the night due to some spraying for Mosquitos and my wife is pregnant. We decided on extended stay America. The room was ready but dirty, half of a closet door the other half was missing altogether, we were told we would have a queen size bed, NOT. Most of my life I had a full size and that's what this was a full. The thread count of the sheets had to be like a 50, very scratchy. The rooms at this hotel need a serious upgrade if they want to charge over 100 dollars a night. I don't know if all extended stay America hotels are this bad but I won't be finding out, we will never stay at this chain again. Very disappointed.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Billie B
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Hi Billie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It upsets me to hear that your room was not clean properly. I am sorry for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is inspecting every room prior to the arrival of our guests. We will also be reviewing our company standards. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cdafferner@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I booked the hotel for 2 nights and booking was guaranteed for late arrival. I also called them before arrival and mentioned that I will arrive late and they said the room will be available. I reached the hotel after traveling 400 miles to find practically nobody at the reception. After much waiting we located and attendant Luise who was not just indifferent in his attitude but was also rude and arrogant. He said I did not have any room without even checking for my reservation in their system though I had paid all the money in advance. He wont even consider that we had an infant in the car and no where to go at 3 AM. The most disgusting of all is that he wont even suggest if there were any hotels nearby where I can go and said it was your problem. Added to that he said the manager will be there by 9 Am and I don't care where you stay. I would have put a negative in the rating but there is none. Priceline did promise me refund which I have not yet received, which I hope they will but what about the mental agony that we had to suffer at that time of night and being treated with out humanity not by a hotel staff but a fellow human being???? People who don't have compassion should not be in jobs like this.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Abhisek G
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

ESD looks very good on the outside. But the good part ends right there. The rooms are not just tiny and cramped, but are badly in need of proper cleaning. The carpets are tired looking and stained, and the whole place smells musty and mildewed. I felt unable to let my toddler play on the carpeted floor. The place looks just plain unhygienic.

There is no room service and the front desk staff is either missing most of the time or unconcerned when present.

I am never going there again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

I booked a room close to the airport because I was flying out early in the morning. Woke up and while getting ready watched three roaches scurry across the bathroom floor. What in the world!! In all my years staying at hotels I have NEVER had anything like that happen, it was so disgusting! I then noticed there was dried pee on the bottom of the toilet. It was the most disturbing thing I have ever seen. I actually felt sick. I quickly got my things together so I could get out of there ASAP. Went to the front desk and there was no one there to check me out. I stood there for five mins and then decided to just leave a note because I had a cab waiting to take me to the airport. Just as I finished, a young man came out. There was no apology for the wait. He then told me that he didn't know how to refund the $100 deposit that was charged to my credit card the night before. Seriously!! He asked if I could wait til 7am for someone who knows how. Yeah...um no, I have a flight to catch. Needless to say I will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013