Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This was a super cute suite with kitchen and refrigerator that was immaculate with fireplace and hdtv. I stayed one night. They had the best breakfast with the best homemade chocolate and blueberry muffins. Very quiet hotel and bed was very comfortable. Very close to San Jose Airport and mall and several shopping areas. Only negatives noted were other guest walking their pets near entrance. Think I got a few fleas on me while trying to open the entrance door with my room key. I'm very sensitive to fleas.

Room Tip: No help with bags, so try to get a room close to exit
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank user980401
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed here 3 nights recently during a business trip. The location is definitely a bit unusual, but the room was in excellent condition, very clean, and it was a suite, with a small kitchen, a nice sitting area and table for eating and/or working. The bed was fantastic. The fitness room was very small, but serviceable. The staff and service were both great. The free breakfast and dinner was a really nice extra too. Overall, I wasn't sure what to expect, and I was very pleasantly surprised. There is a Starbuck's and several inexpensive restaurants just steps away, which was very convenient. I had a rental car, and driving to and from downtown San Jose was very easy with very little traffic.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank LauraF684
HomewoodsuitesS, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Hi Laura, I'm very glad that you enjoyed your trip to San Jose and that you like our hotel. Our goal is to make sure that your stay is as comfortable as can be since we are are your home while you're away. Having a rental car is great however you can save next time you stay with us by using our complementary shuttle service. We will take you to and from any where within 3 miles of the hotel, saving you on gas money. Looking forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

The hotel was very nice as most Hiltons are. The odd part was the fact that the rooms are in separate buildings and aren't attached to the lobby. If you want to take the Welcome Home dinner to your room (served only Monday-Thursday) or complementary breakfast back to your room, you might have to walk from one side of the parking lot to the other or drive over to the lobby. Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate served 24/7 in the lobby. It seems the 2 buildings located directly behind the lobby are the oldest ones. Also, buildings 4 & 5 are the only ones with elevators. Before you book, if you need an elevator in the hotel, call ahead and ask what suites are in building 4 & 5, because it seems like each building has a different type of suites.

There was slight water damage around the sink area inside the room and you would have to pull the front door close and make sure it clicked, otherwise your room would be left completely open. It was very cosy and had a full kitchen and bathroom. Had 2 tvs (both flat screen, but only one was HD). The beds were firm and kept causing me to roll to the middle.

Otherwise, it was a very nice hotel. And people keep complaining that the hotel had loud plumbing, but I never had that issue. Also, the staff was very courteous and was willing to tend to my every need.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I stayed in there for almost one and a half month, though it was in 2008. BUT, as a foreigner's first trip in U.S, homewood makes you feel like home, very wonderful memory, friendly reception and van driver. Delicious food also. If there's another chance, i will choose homewood without question.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rafa_xing
HomewoodsuitesS, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Thank you rafa_xing for choosing us back in 2008 for your extended stay trip. Hoepfully you'll visit us soon and thank you for the wonderful comments. Our purpose is to make sure that all guests feel comfortable while away from home and you were very far. Again, thank you for choosing the Homewood, see you soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2012

My family and I stayed at Homewood Suites overnight this past weekend; the location seemed a little weird at first when we drove in (sort of smushed into the back of a strip mall), but in fact we had a very nice stay, and I would highly recommend it. Nice room, clean, comfy bed, good night's sleep. Kids enjoyed the pool, the free breakfast was great. Free wireless, no problems in that department. The staff was very helpful; the restaurant they recommended was cheap and the food was great. Definitely 5 stars in my book.

Not all hotels in the area are as nice-- we discovered this the hard way: after checking out of the Homewood Suites, we drove to the airport... got on the plane.... waited for 3 hours on the tarmac.... then had to deplane (mechanical problem). Flight cancelled; Delta was unable to rebook... arrrggghhhh! They put us up in another airport hotel (which will remain nameless): the other hotel cost twice as much, but was nowhere near as nice (crowded, noisy, crappy night's sleep, expensive breakfast, no free wireless, the list goes on).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank BlargMan
Luis R, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that your flight got cancelled and that the other hotel was not up to your standards. We would've gladly taken you back! Hopefully your next trip to San Jose goes as planned and we hope to see you and your family again soon!

Kindly,

Managament

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed four nights, the king suites are beautiful, spacious, nice large closet and bathroom. When we were ready to go to the San Jose airport they picked us up at the door, wonderful service. We will go back there, the hotel is in the heart of Silicon Valley.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Gallatin1

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again on your next San Jose visit.

Kindly,

Management

Reviewed 23 April 2012

First let me say that the room and staff were fabulous.. This was an actual suite not just a room with a living area. We had 1 1/2 doors to close off and turn into a bedroom. This was the first time a hotel bed didn't cause me hip pain either. There was a full fridge, old style microwave with underbelly lighting, a 2 burner little stove and a dishwasher.

Now the "Cons":
The wireless was spotty, and I had to keep reentering my username and passcode to get connected. I would have full service in micro-bursts, but then it would be low for most of the time. The outdoor hallway had lots of spiders and at night was covered in moths. They can't control bugs lives, but I'm sure they could step up pest control service. The housekeeping called us to ask if we wanted service (we kept the 'privacy please' in the door lock). There are signs asking you to help San Jose conservation efforts by not having housekeeping every day if you can. So I completely appreciate that they wanted to make sure we didn't accidently leave the privacy sign. But they called 3 more times after we said no thank you not today. Little excessive, but can't say they didn't care lol. I was disappointed at the little strip mall next to the property. Most of the restaurants were closed most of the weekend, but weirdest of all was a Starbucks that is closed on Sundays. CLOSED!? STARBUCKS??
The lightrail train system is a bit of a walk, still convenient but be prepared to walk a pretty good distance. It was 90° while we were there so it was awful having to walk that distance.

Despite the little set backs I would still stay here and any Homewood Suites. So far it has still been my favorite. Most of our issues aren't with the property, but with the surrounding area. I would recommend them highly for the price and the overall value :-)

• Stayed: April 2012