“GREAT place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in San Jose
Sacramento, California
“GREAT place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

I cannot begin to describe how very pleasantly surprised I was at how GREAT this place was. Many years ago I traveled a lot for my job and would have LOVED to stay here on a long assignment. I've never stayed in a Homewood Suites before but had read good reviews so decided to try it when the Residence Inn wanted a $100 non-refundable pet fee. OMGosh I'm soooo glad we decided to give this place a try. The staff was friendly, the amenities were great (my kids LOVED the basketball court, the room was very clean, the full breakfast was delicious and we didn't have to pay any extra fees to have our little dog with us. We were so pleased that my family and I cannot wait to stay here again, and plan on staying here every time we return to the San Jose area in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodsuitesS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Allinn

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel and am glad that you decided to stay here with us. Our little companions are part of the family and the Homewood Suites makes is affordable for families to bring them along; they love to travel, I know my 2 Pugs love it! I do hope you can visit us soon!!

Thank you once again for choosing the Homewood Suites in San Jose.

Maria Larios
Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Santa Barbara, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We absolutely love staying at Homewood Suites, the only problem we experienced was the stove. Only one burner worked. Since we were they to have Thanksgiving at my family’s I was assigned to make stuffing. I brought my own knives and pot to cook in but I was pleasantly surprised to find the kitchen was well stocked with supplies. The larger burner was not working but I was able to fuss with getting it properly plugged in but once I set the pot on the stove it caused the burner to come unplugged (it may need to be replaced). The smaller burner was not working at all. I managed to make do with what I had to work with because I brought an electric skillet from home. I did report the burner not working when I checked out but I am not confident that anything will be done about it because she was very busy with phones while I was checking out. However, she did say she would report it to maintenance. This was a minor problem and we will be back! If we could change anything about the Homewood suites it would be the whirlpool hours. We are early risers (6:00 A.M.) and it would be lovely to use the spa early

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodsuitesS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Delfina G,

Thank you for staying at the Homewood in San Jose. We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with one of the burners. I have brought this issue to the attention of our Chief Engineer. Hopefully next time you visit you can join us in the lobby for Thanksgiving, we serve a delicious fried turkey every year, yes, a fried turkey; believe me, its a hit!.

Maria L.
San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I like staying at this Homewood Suites Hotel. There are many restaurants at a walking distance, and there are also shopping centers nearby. The accommodations are good, the staff is great and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodsuitesS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear RMP72,

From one San Jose to another, thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites as your Home Away from Home. Please visit soon and we appreciate all your wonderful feedback.

Maria L.
Miami, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Upon arriving to this location, I was immediately impressed by how fast I was checked in due to my HHonors membership. Check in was at 3 PM but they checked me in at 12 PM. Their Shuttle service took no longer than 5 minutes to pick me up from the Airport. Every staff member was quick to help me with a smile. My room was clean and my stay was very quite and comfortable. Also, this motel is just seconds away from the Light Train station.

North Bangor
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

The property was clean and comfortable...however, a less involved front desk staff would be difficult to imagine! No one seemed remotely interested in providing anything more than a "plastic smile" level of service.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was very surprised at the service and the rooms. I can only say it was a very enjoying stay. The desk personnel was very informed. And attend to all of my needs. Provide me with all details and I had help with my wireless internet connection.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Emmitt Y,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel and especially our staff, they will appreciate your review. We strive to provide all our guests with the best service possible. Hope you can visit soon and be sure to visit Coyote Creek Golf Club, you get a wonderful view of the hills and it was just recognized by Golf Digest as one of the best places to play. Thank you again!

Maria L
Honolulu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I will definitely stay here again when in town for business or pleasure. My trip was business and prefer not to eat out, so I choose Homewood Suites and was very satisfied with my stay. The rooms are very nice, with a great kitchenette, living area and a comfortable bed and bath. The breakfast was good with healthy choices. I would have liked some free weights or a weight machine in the work out room, but the cardio equipment was in great condition and loved having the individual TVs on each of the 3 machines. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: The second floor does not have an elevator, so if you are not good with stairs or have a lot of lugg...