Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 25 August 2014

One of the best values I have found in hotel rooms with a separate bedroom and kitchenette. We are timeshare owners and compare Homewood Suites to many of the condos we have stayed in with 1 bedroom. The complimentary breakfast is a time saver and saves us $25 to $35 a day for my family of 4. The pool and spa are very well maintained and the staff is always very helpful.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We arrived late night and realized there was a water leak issue in the kitchen of our newly renovated room. We contacted the front desk and within minutes a maintenance man arrived. He turned off the ice maker's water line in the refrigerator and came back to provide us with a large number of towels. As the hotel was full and it was late, this was a perfectly reasonable solution. The front desk followed up asking if we needed anything more.

In the morning I though I would simply mention what happened to the GM - as I've had experience with contract renovation issues. His response was most accommodating given the fact that the source fault did not lie with the hotel. As the day wore on he kept checking to ensure everything was ok. I also watched as he calmly dealt with the ongoing work.

For all of the activity the pool, hot tub and bbq all worked well. Our renovated room looked great and was even more home-like than other Homewood Suites.

One warning, if you have a BMW navigation system the hotel is farther down W Trimble Rd than it shows for number 10 address.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed overnight here while waiting to catch a flight to Hawaii. Free hotel shuttle bus (you need to call hotel to pick you up) & good variety free breakfast foods in morning. Hotel staff was courteous & helpful. Hotel is currently undergoing renovations, was not able to stay in 2 bedroom suite I had booked---staff offered 2 of the 1 bedroom suites to substitute.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this property for the 3rd time this past yr. It is very convenient to a client site, but every time i get into bed at this hotel i regret it.

The beds are hard. The sheets are cheap. The pillows suck. In fact, my bed has a single flat sheet, then the comforter. Does anyone who has ever traveled want the comforter near them? Not me.

Much better option is the doubletree down the street. Pay more, its worth it. I love a ʻgood value,' but the price savings at this hotel is not worth it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Luis R, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Michael D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Tripadvisor page. Please know that we have been under renovation since June 27th and I am glad to inform you that part of our renovation includes brand new mattresses! Should you find yourself in San Jose in the near future and decide to stay with us again, please be sure to ask our staff for a newly renovated suite and we will try our best to accommodate you! With regard to the comforter, also know that our all white comforters and quilted blankets are part of our new bedding package and are washed and changed with each check-out along with the fitted and flat sheets that we provide! If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kindly,

Luis Robles
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a beautiful hotel which was recently remodeled. The staff was positive, the room was comfortable and the area is new. The cost of the hotel and the suite ... gives you a lot of room to enjoy being in the room. First stay at a Homewood suites for me. I'll be looking for these on my trips now. We stayed here with a Club Water Polo team and took 50+ rooms. This allowed us to BBQ and have fun in the pool area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stay was perfect. The rooms, the breakfast, the facilities.. absolutely nothing to complain about!

Rooms: I was put up in a 1 bedroom non smoking room.
It was perfect, a small kitchen with all utensils, a microwave, a 2 burner stove, dishwasher, coffee maker and 2 door fridge!
There are 2 TVs, one in the living room and 1 in the bedroom.
There is an iron box with the stand, a big sized wardrobe with mirror.
Housekeeping was spick and span! However hard I tried to ruin the room, it was always brand-new after their day's job in the room :)

Breakfast and Dinner:
Breakfast spread is good. Being a vegetarian, I had no qualms with what was offered. You have cereals, bread, bagels, fruits, milk and egg..minimum..everyday! This was more than sufficient for my long stay there! Dinner is minimum, offered Monday to Thursday in the evenings!

Facilities in house:
Coin laundry available in the main building. One would need 25cent coins for operating the same, Coins available at the front desk.
Swimming pool.
Basket ball court.
Collection of DVDs.
Free pickup and drop to San-Jose Airport!

All in All, a beautiful facility. I stayed there for 3 long months, never had any complaints!

Thank you Homewood suites!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Just completed a stay here for 5 days. Not the greatest stay. My son and I were located in one of the secured entry buildings on the first floor. Upon entering the room, there was a pet store odor to it. We required a first floor room and asked about a change, but was told there were no other first floor rooms available, even though we saw someone checking in later into one and the next day someone checking out from a couple.of the first floor rooms.

Later on that evening, we found some dry dog food on the carpet floor here and there and as well as pet hair. I figure, what the heck, clean it up and deal with it. The room is very outdated in appearance and in need of updating. The bathtub's non-slip surface was wearing out which gave the appearance of being stained and dirty. My son slipped a couple of times while taking a shower. I did as well. Very dangerous. They need to put some non-slip strips before someone gets hurt.

On the second day in the morning upon waking up, in addition to being woken up by a barking dog that was barking for 35 minutes straight, I started noticing some very itchy bug bites on my ankles, feet and lower leg area. I can only think of one reason for it, the room must have fleas. Since it was already dirty, as well, my wife asked if the carpet can be cleaned. They said they would do it. Although she did not mention the fleas........... But, be careful what you ask for..........

Although it was clean, during the last 3 days of the stay it was like being in a steam room.The carpet never quite dried totally. I left the windows open each day and ran the ceiling fan on all day. Everything in the room from my clothes to the sheets to my papers had a slightly damp feeling to it. The windows were fogged, as well. By the time I checked out, parts of the carpet was still not totally dry.

I did not bother to request a room change, since they had already told us several times that there were no other first floor rooms available. Due to my son's condition, we required a first floor room.... So we just dealt with the situation and figured we would be out of the room most of the time. On the day of check out I woke up again with a few more bug bites, so it would seem that the fleas returned. In addition, on the last night, I started hearing a drip noise and discovered that the air condition started dripping water on to the carpet. I placed a towel underneath it and went to bed. Had to leave at 6am.

My wife and younger son was in another room towards the front, the non secured entry rooms. Those are going through some renovations I guess. But on the last night, the hot water was shut off and they had to take cold showers. The front desk was not aware and nothing was done about it. So they took cold showers.

The only reason I am giving two stars rather than one, is that the staff, with the exception of maybe one, were very cordial and nice. We stay at many Homewood Suites across the country on our vacations, but this one is probably the worst of the ones that we had stayed at. A lot of positive reviews here, but I did not experienced any of those positives.

Time to go apply some calamine lotion........

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family