All reviewshp pavilionwhole foodscanned fruitpaper plateswalking distancehockey gametrain stationsharks gameroom was largebit datedan older hotelfree breakfast ishotel roombeds were comfortablemicrowaveeventwholefoods
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I really want to give this place 2 1/2 stars, but that's not an option. It is clean enough and safe enough (inside-not out) but very very minimal in terms of amenities. No pool, no work out room, and when I went to get a toothbrush they didn't have any at the front desk BUT did have a vending machine where I could get one for $3 (!). Most of the service was friendly and relatively prompt (when they knew they were going to be slow doing something, they said so, and apologized). The floors were peculiar, with the topography of a mini golf course, but I didn't see anything frightening, just old. On the plus side, it is walking distance to the arena, which is why we went there. However,once night falls the area gets a bit scary and we heard that a girl had her ticket snatched by a passing bicyclist, and also that there were a lot of break-ins to cars in the hotel parking lot (SO DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING IN YOUR CAR). The tub was nice but there was no breakfast when we went down at 9, and there was supposed to be food till 9:30 (SO GET UP EARLY). The front desk deducted some from our bill because of this, but it was, all in all, a very uneven experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

When we come to visit our family in San Jose this is the place we stay. The rooms are comfortable, could use some updating but clean. The free breakfast is good. Not cook to order but solid. Definitely worth a look.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Mcjimmay
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

There wasnt even shampoo or soap. The sink in the bathroom starting backing up and i wasnt even using it. Really pretty disgusting. Otherwise the room itself is spartan and basic but clean. Just older. Service was really nice.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed here for one night only. We got in late and left early. The room was very clean (no carpet!) and the staff was very nice. Also, the tub in the bathroom is huge! If I was looking for a cheap place to stay I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Sort of difficult to find (lucky I had GPS) and in a desolate part of town, though I'm thinking it's crowded with there is an event at the convention center or arena. Not many restaurants within walking distance. Rooms were on the small side and old, but they were clean. Each room has a jacuzzi tub, and I could hear the one above me rumbling, but mine did not work. No big deal for me, but if they promote it as an amenity, perhaps they should make certain it works. Plenty of parking in the back. Good breakfast in the AM. Contrary to a previous review, they do have WiFi, though signal was sort of weak at times. Staff was friendly and helpful. I'd stay there again if I were in the area again.

Room Tip: If the Jacuzzi is important to you, make test it out before you unpack.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business