All reviewsjacuzzi tubwhole foodssap arenacanned fruitpaper plateswalking distancehockey gametrain stationsharks gameroom was largebit datedan older hotelfree breakfast ishotel roombeds were comfortablemicrowaveevent
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We were in town for a hockey game and wanted someplace close to the arena. The Arena Hotel was the obvious choice! The hotel is dated, but not dirty. It was probably quite fancy 25 years ago. For what we paid it seemed just right.
Pros:
- great location, walking distance to SAP Center
- free parking (some covered)
- clean
- very large room
- jetted tub
- free hot breakfast, not amazing, but ok
- friendly staff
- free wifi
- free newspapers
Cons:
- the old fridge in our room was noisy, but I know other rooms have new refrigerators (we unplugged it for night)
- our room was above the courtyard, where the after-game smokers hung out and talked until about 1am
- very old TV, but hey, we weren't there for TV anyway

I would stay again with no hesitation.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We enjoyed our 2-night stay at the Arena Hotel. The bed was comfy, the huge Jacuzzi tub was INCREDIBLE, and the microwave and fridge were very convenient (there is a CVS right next door to the hotel where many food items can be purchased). This is an older hotel, but it was quiet, clean, and attractive. Staff members were pleasant and helpful. It's close walking distance to the SAP Arena and to a shopping area with nice local restaurants and stores. We also walked downtown to the Tech Museum (about a mile). The free breakfast was wonderful: orange juice, eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, muffins, yogurt served buffet-style in a nice dining room. I would definitely stay here again if I return to San Jose.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

This was my third or fourth stay at The Arena - all for shows at the now SAP Center. Location is excellent. Can't beat a two block walk back when everyone else is fighting traffic. Ample free parking included. Breakfast was so so. As others have stated on reviews, meats are being microwaved & the eggs are powdered. I have never however, until now, had such a horrible sleeping experience here. The beds were HORRIBLE. Old old old. Springs that popped as your rolled over. I must have previously had rooms that were updated. Stay away from #334. Walls are thin so ask for top (3rd) floor & ask to be away from the elevator. The hotel is old - old fixtures & decor - but it does the job. It's all about location. I plan to stay again in January but will be calling ahead to ask for a room with a newer bed.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sacto71
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Not fancy, a little corny, not much to look at..but fairly priced, adequate and a good value describe the Arena Hotel. It is the proximity to the HP Pavilion for convention events that make it worth the stay. You may chuckle at the "fancy bathtubs" that are offered as they are monstrous useless old tubs..but the grab and go breakfast are better than many, if sparse. The location is not one you'd want to spend all of your San Jose time in, but if you're just in town for the an event at the Pavilion, it is close and more than ok.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My brother lives in San Jose and I stay at this hotel every time I go out to visit. I have probably stayed there over a dozen times. The hotel is blocks from the SAP Center and very close to many major highways that run through the city. The hotel is older, but it is kept is great shape. My rooms have always been very clean and the staff is incredibly nice. They also have a really great breakfast with many hot food selections. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting the Central Coast area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family