All reviewshp pavilionwhole foodscanned fruitpaper plateswalking distancehockey gametrain stationsharks gameroom was largebit datedan older hotelfree breakfast ishotel roombeds were comfortablemicrowaveeventwholefoods
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel was pretty rundown, and my room smelled strongly of chemicals when I arrived, so it wasn't the best first impression. However, the following morning when I was running late for a meeting and needed something printed (there was no printer in their "business center", which consisted of just a desk and a computer) the front desk allowed me to email the documents to them and they printed them off for me. I was very impressed with the customer service too, both at check-in and check-out.

So, while I don't think I would ever stay there again...it is definitely through no fault of the workers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I just wrote a review of an awful place in Safety Harbor, FL, and could only compare to the worst of all: Arena Hotel. Which reminded me to say a few words on its behalf. The Arena is the single most depressing, dated, jerry-rigged place I've ever checked into. I was booked for an event in the San Jose area, and the organizers put me there. As a result, I'll also never work with that organization again. I don't even know where to start with this disgusting dump, but just make sure you never, never, never stay there. Sleep in your car if you have to, or find a park bench. Stay away from the Arena.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We were in town for a hockey game and wanted someplace close to the arena. The Arena Hotel was the obvious choice! The hotel is dated, but not dirty. It was probably quite fancy 25 years ago. For what we paid it seemed just right.
Pros:
- great location, walking distance to SAP Center
- free parking (some covered)
- clean
- very large room
- jetted tub
- free hot breakfast, not amazing, but ok
- friendly staff
- free wifi
- free newspapers
Cons:
- the old fridge in our room was noisy, but I know other rooms have new refrigerators (we unplugged it for night)
- our room was above the courtyard, where the after-game smokers hung out and talked until about 1am
- very old TV, but hey, we weren't there for TV anyway

I would stay again with no hesitation.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We enjoyed our 2-night stay at the Arena Hotel. The bed was comfy, the huge Jacuzzi tub was INCREDIBLE, and the microwave and fridge were very convenient (there is a CVS right next door to the hotel where many food items can be purchased). This is an older hotel, but it was quiet, clean, and attractive. Staff members were pleasant and helpful. It's close walking distance to the SAP Arena and to a shopping area with nice local restaurants and stores. We also walked downtown to the Tech Museum (about a mile). The free breakfast was wonderful: orange juice, eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, muffins, yogurt served buffet-style in a nice dining room. I would definitely stay here again if I return to San Jose.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

This was my third or fourth stay at The Arena - all for shows at the now SAP Center. Location is excellent. Can't beat a two block walk back when everyone else is fighting traffic. Ample free parking included. Breakfast was so so. As others have stated on reviews, meats are being microwaved & the eggs are powdered. I have never however, until now, had such a horrible sleeping experience here. The beds were HORRIBLE. Old old old. Springs that popped as your rolled over. I must have previously had rooms that were updated. Stay away from #334. Walls are thin so ask for top (3rd) floor & ask to be away from the elevator. The hotel is old - old fixtures & decor - but it does the job. It's all about location. I plan to stay again in January but will be calling ahead to ask for a room with a newer bed.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends