“Wonderful!”

Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Teague, Texas
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were in California on vacation and this was where we stayed on our last night of the trip-was just looking for a place to crash and get a good night's rest before flying back to Texas the next morning. Upon arrival the front desk staff were very pleasant and efficient!! Once we got to our room, which was a king suite, we were even more impressed! VERY large room, and exceptionally quiet the entire night. Almost felt like we were the only ones there-although I knew we weren't because we had a VERY hard time getting a parking spot remotely close to the doors nearest to our room. That was my ONLY complaint-had to park way down from where our room actually was located. Other than that, was very very pleased and would highly recommend this place if you are looking for an exceptional place to stay that doesn't cost an arm and a leg! :) If we ever make it back to San Jose, we will definitely be making reservations here again!

Room Tip: King Suites are VERY roomy and quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Loja, Loja, Ecuador
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This place is absolutely beautiful, but left me quite disappointed. I came here to use the amenities while my husband was here on business. They advertise a fitness center that's supposed to have, in addition to workout equipment, lockers, steam room, sauna and indoor hot tub. I went down around 8:30 am and found that the area was very quiet, there were NO people around. None of the lockers had keys, so I asked the front desk and was told there are no keys for the lockers available. All right then, I guessed I had to take the risk of having my purse and clothes stolen, but realized there were no people around so I was willing to continue. I wanted to use the steam room, I even found a button to work it, but then realized there IS no steam room. There was a dry, working sauna that I WAS able to use but then when I wanted to use the indoor hot tub, it was like walking through a maze. When I finally found the correct hallway (now it it was after 9 am), it was pitch black and I couldn't see which doors would let me in. If I let the locker room door close behind me, there was no light and since I was alone, there was no way to find the stupid hot tub. I was VERY disappointed since I came to use these features that don't exist or are hidden. I returned to my room to call the front desk, only to be informed that the indoor hot tub area opens at 7 am! I gave up.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Laura T
HayesMansion, Front Office Manager at Dolce Hayes Mansion, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Thank you very much for your review.

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding your experience with our fitness center area. I will forward to all responsible to ensure your experience with our fitness center is a positive one. We will check to ensure we are opening the facility as posted, look into our lockers and look into what signage we have posted regarding where our fitness amenities are located.

Your comments are important to us.

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I had the best time here. I cam for a conference and it was one of the best experiences I have had with a hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The grounds were beautiful and the property had such rich history. All of the food was out of this world. I compare other hotels food to the Dolce now. They offered events for our group like wine tasting and games which made it even better to enjoy. I definitely will stay again if I am ever in San Jose!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. Its great to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us.

Until next time take care.

Again thank you for your time and comments.
Raumati Beach, Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed here for a three day meeting and really enjoyed the stay. The room was comfortable, the people friendly, the food good and the environment is lovely.
Our meeting was well looked after, happily recommend it for both business and leisure stays.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
We are very happy to read of your wonderful experience during your stay with us.

Thank you very much for the wonderful review.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The hotel is very nice. It's quite remarkable when you learn that it was built in 1905. The service was excellent. Checkout time was 12pm which is an hour later than most hotels. We ate the buffet breakfast, it was really good. The room was clean and the bed was super comfy. The only complaint I have was that there was a fan or something that I could not turn off (not sure where the noise was coming from) which made it difficult to sleep some nights. I'm not sure if that is because of where our room was located (we were in 1315). All the staff were very nice also. I liked that I could log into work to check emails in the lobby on an actual computer as we did not want to bring a laptop.

Room Tip: Ensure your room is not facing the street (or you may be woken up by the train). Also, our room was...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
HayesMansion, Front Office Manager at Dolce Hayes Mansion, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful review. It is great to hear that we were able to make your stay with us a wonderful memory. I will forward your comments regarding the fan noise in your room to our Chief Engineer Jack Jackson so he can look into it.

Until we see you again we wish you a wonderful everything.
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The hotel is located in a residential area and next to a park, so we found it to be quiet. The adjacent park has jogging trails and a playground for younger kids. There were a number of places where you could sit outside and talk or just hang out. The staff was friendly and acknowledged you when passing or stopped to ask if you need help if you look lost.

We had a 'parlor suite' with a small separate sitting area with a fridge and TV that was very comfortable. (The mansion suite was much larger but was a single room and we wanted the 2 rooms). The rooms were clean and comfortable and the beds were fine, although not Westin Heavenly Bed soft. Our rate included a great breakfast buffet, which had an omelet bar, lots of breakfast choices and table service in the dining room.

Parking can be tough, there is limited parking just outside the rooms, but there is a large lot located across from the main entrance next to the park. We were located adjacent to the jacuzzi so it was somewhat noisy until the pool closed at 11. But otherwise the halls and grounds were quiet.

Overall, we were very satisfied and plan on making this hotel our usual place when we visit family in the area.

Room Tip: The ground floor parlor suites have two entrances, one to the hall and one to the grounds, which was...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us. It is great to hear that you had a wonderful time and were able to discover all the great, fun aspects of our hotel. Thank you as well for mentioning our staff and how we were always willing to offer assistance when we thought you might need it and were always friendly.

Glad we are now your getaway spot when you are in town.

Until next time take care and all the best to you and yours.
Arvada
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I came here for a couples getaway, hoping for something that was somewhat romantic and self-contained. We have not been disappointed. The hotel is located in the middle of a suburbian neighborhood, and when we were first driving up to the hotel, I wasn't so sure. But as soon as we arrived on the grounds, it felt like we were in the middle of a luxurious resort, and the outside world disappeared. The rooms are a bit small, but very well appointed...I didn't mind the size at all. They have a beautiful, clean pool and hot tub area, and a comfortable outside lounge area with lots of room, comfortable seating, and even heat lamps for the evening so you can sit outside and have drinks from the adjacent bar. They do have a restaurant...we had the dinner buffet and the Sunday morning champagne brunch buffet...both unbelievable, seriously, (I wished I could have eaten twice as much as I was able to!), and the service staff were all awesome! The grounds are lovely to stroll around with colorful flowers and the mansion itself is a cool centerpiece. The staff here from the front desk to the bellhops were accommodating and helpful to no end. We also felt that this would be a great place to come and stay with our kids, although we'd probably get a suite to have a little more space. This place was great, and we look forward to coming back soon!

Room Tip: Loved the first floor room...it had large windows with a lovely backdrop of all the lush foliage on...
1 Thank Allison F